When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag aquaracer 500 m all black

arepuj

Hi everybody

I really like the Tag aquaracer 500m all black. I have seen that the actual version have big flags like red "calibre 5" words instead of white ones, and that is made of stainless steal whereas the Gen is titanium mmade.

do anybody knows if new version is coming at any moment?

thanks

Im pretty sure that the genuine Aquaracer has a ss case,just like rep. Im not a Tag expert but this looks to be a excellent replication.

Hi, Tag heuer web page says it is titanium case ( I am not able to put the link, sorry).

Anyway what it´s more important for me is the flag of writing "Calibre 5" in red rather in white, too easy to realize this is a rep

There is red claibre 5 version, here you go. The problem is that the date suround Is black Instead of white like the gen. If I were to pick up a Tag rep right now it would be the black chronograph model. It Is about as accurate a rep as you will find. Remember there is no such thing as the perfect rep,they all have flaws. The thing is to determind what flaws are accepteble and which ones are not. The tag site says "polished SS" as case material. I also checked a few other sites and they also stated "steel case". Dont know what else to tell you bro,good luck.:) Mike

The all black Tag 500M rep is very, very poor indeed, buy any other version for better acuracy ;)

The rep case is steel PVD, should be titanium PVD, the Calibre 5 lettering on the dial is red, should be white, no AR crystal, the all black has single sided AR, the case back on the rep is clear, the gen crystal has a "smoked" finish, the lume is not the right colour at all, the date wheel is white, not black and the crown/bezel are not rubberised like the genuine.....

Seriously, don't buy it, it looks and feels nothing like the genuine watch :p

I maybe wrong but is there a rep out which made of titanium?

There isn't a titanium rep, but I really hope they release a proper version, not just this half assed effort, I mean all they did was PVD the black dial version and blacken the hands, rubbish! :lol:

Check this link here:

Mickey, I was seriously considering this watch from what I thought were good reviews. Looks like you have punched a lot of holes into into. Maxman has given link to a SS, Red Lettered version. What version do you recommend. I have read that the blue one is off in color.

Also see,

Thanks.

The all black Tag 500M rep is very, very poor indeed, buy any other version for better acuracy ;)

The rep case is steel PVD, should be titanium PVD, the Calibre 5 lettering on the dial is red, should be white, no AR crystal, the all black has single sided AR, the case back on the rep is clear, the gen crystal has a "smoked" finish, the lume is not the right colour at all, the date wheel is white, not black and the crown/bezel are not rubberised like the genuine.....

Seriously, don't buy it, it looks and feels nothing like the genuine watch :p

There isn't a titanium rep, but I really hope they release a proper version, not just this half assed effort, I mean all they did was PVD the black dial version and blacken the hands, rubbish! :lol:

Hi to all and thanks to Mickey for clarification, it was what I though, REP is not good enough to spend around 300-350$.

I also hope they release a proper version, in that case I´m sure I will buy it, meanwhile I will wait.

Thanks to everybody

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

I have found this page where they say that the all black is in black titanium case

http://www.timesshop.net/10785-tg291...ss-sw-200.html

do you know if it is true?

it would be a nice advance, nevertheless I don´t understand why there is still a major flag in the red lettering "calibre 5", it should be white letters.