When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB ABII V1.5 (lite) from the latest batch - few surprises :)

ALEX.CPA

Hi folks

I have ordered HBB ABII lite form Tony (asian7750) for replacement parts. I needed bezel for my V5/V1 ABII hybrid as well as new A7750 for my RG HBB project. It is form the lastest batch and I was surprised to find the following in the package:

1) I have not recieved any previously ordered V1/V2/V1.5/V5 HBBs with protective plastic cover. This is new to me:

925bdd54.jpg

2) This V1.5 HBB from Tony now comes with rotor with correct bearing (He also has them available as spares for $35).

0bd4ef79.jpg

For comparison, this is the pic of V1.5 ABII that I have ordered from Tony back in May.

ABII_MG_0057.jpg

3) Not really a surprise ..and not really pleasant....but as other members have noticed strap lugs covers are not sitting flush with the upper case plate. They also do not extend far enough below the bezel but thats the old news. This can be easily spoted when compared to V5 case:

7dc428c7.jpg

However, V1.5 lite ordered back in May did not have this flaw. These are pix of V1.5 AB2 back from May:

ABII_MG_0040.jpg

ABII_MG_0055.jpg

So once again, rest can be assured that quality and fitment of parts on V1.5 HBBs is inconsistant as factory is putting them together with whatever parts avaialble.