When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vacheron Constantin Overseas

PPN

It's a fantastic rep .. get the AR done and hey .. why not lume .. and enjoy it.

I was under the impression that there were a few problems. Crown too big, 3 6 9 12 too small, and date font. But that comparison was also from a while ago. Have those been fixed?

I was under the impression that there were a few problems. Crown too big, 3 6 9 12 too small, and date font. But that comparison was also from a while ago. Have those been fixed?

Get the one from PureTimeWatch.com, which has a shorter crown, and bigger Arabic numerals. The date font is the same, but that's not going to ever get fixed.

your best bet is to head over to RWI or RWG and search for honeybear who has the gen and a rep and has posted pics of them all

Honeybear is my handle on RWI and RWG. I posted similar photos here:

which was a comparison between the gen and the cartel version... Actually this particular watch was a mix of the cartel dial with too short second hands, and a somewhat lower quality bracelet, in that the shiny bevels between the links was at the wrong angle. The crown was also too thick, the Maltese cross and the arabic numerals were too small. I've since sold this, and replaced it with a better version, which I purchased from puretimewatch.com:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/overseas-automatic-ss-white-dial-eta-2824/

It seems to be the Silix-Prime version, but without the double AR. This is a photo of this version:

DSC00785.jpg

The black dial version apparently comes with a black datewheel at the moment, which is incorrect. You'll also need the AR treatment more urgently with the black dial version. There is a wonderful comparison of the SIlix and cartel versions here:

http://www.replica-watches-guide.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=141

which was a comparison between the gen and the cartel version... Actually this particular watch was a mix of the cartel dial with too short second hands, and a somewhat lower quality bracelet, in that the shiny bevels between the links was at the wrong angle. The crown was also too thick, the Maltese cross and the arabic numerals were too small. I've since sold this, and replaced it with a better version, which I purchased from puretimewatch.com:

It seems to be the Silix-Prime version, but without the double AR. This is a photo of this version:

DSC00785.jpg

The black dial version apparently comes with a black datewheel at the moment, which is incorrect. You'll also need the AR treatment more urgently with the black dial version. There is a wonderful comparison of the SIlix and cartel versions here:

Thanks, buddy. I read through your awesome comparison previously, great write-up.

So would you recommend getting the silver dial, due to the datewheel color? But I'm concerned the silver is not close to the gen color...

DSC00785.jpg

Actually, the black version they sell seems to have a white datewheel? At least from the site pics.

Actually, the black version they sell seems to have a white datewheel? At least from the site pics.

Yes, but a few members have purchased that watch, and reported that it is currently coming with a black date wheel. You could try asking Angus if he'll be able to get you one with the white date wheel, but he might just end up getting you the cartel version instead.

Thanks, buddy. I read through your awesome comparison previously, great write-up.

So would you recommend getting the silver dial, due to the datewheel color? But I'm concerned the silver is not close to the gen color...

The color of the white dial is very close, the main difference is the depth of the guilloche. I'm still not certain that the gen has AR coating, maybe just on the inside, or it could be that the sapphire crystal is much higher quality and hence clearer and less reflective. If there is AR on the gen, it is colorless. Anyhow, single or double AR should improve the replica quite substantially.

Yes, but a few members have purchased that watch, and reported that it is currently coming with a black date wheel. You could try asking Angus if he'll be able to get you one with the white date wheel, but he might just end up getting you the cartel version instead.

Just to confirm, Angus and Puretime are two separate dealers, right?

The color of the white dial is very close, the main difference is the depth of the guilloche. I'm still not certain that the gen has AR coating, maybe just on the inside, or it could be that the sapphire crystal is much higher quality and hence clearer and less reflective. If there is AR on the gen, it is colorless. Anyhow, single or double AR should improve the replica quite substantially.

It never seemed to me that there was the blue hue on the gen crystal...that's why I never realized there was any AR on it. It seems that any reflections on the rep would be more obvious on the black dial rather than the white.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Sorry to hear that, their responsiveness does seem to be on the decline. I'm been having a bit of drama with a Pam 111M that I returned for service. Hopefully that'll be resolved soon.

Best of luck, friend. My watch finally arrived, but it seriously probably took 5 times longer and 10 times the effort on my part.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag up such an old posting, but i am planning on buying one of these with the white dial and wonder which version is the best right now.  I believe there have been a few improvements to this rep such as improved datewheel and superlume dial.  But I am not sure which version is sold by which dealer.

Toro has this one for $298 with an ETA movement.  http://www.torobravos.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=93_110&product_id=778

Puretime has this version for $338 with an ETA movement.  http://www.puretime.co/product/overseas-automatic-ss-white-dial-on-bracelet/

Are they the same watch, or is the puretime one better?

Are they the same watch, or is the puretime one better?

Toro's model is a few years old. Puretime's is quite new. They both have incorrect date windows. Toro has no bevel and Puretime's bevel is too big. It's a beautiful watch .. choose whichever you like best.