When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam On Order

PPN

Hey guys, thought I'd ping you guys since I'm a relative PAM newbie. Does this look OK? A few things that caught my eye...

Is the sandwich lume "too green"? It seems a lighter hue when compares with gen pictures.

Does the crystal have any AR?

Is the movement supposed to have those funny grooves on the flat metal areas?

Appreciate it, guys.

post-39269-0-63602900-1316302536.jpg

post-39269-0-31970900-1316302546.jpg

post-39269-0-46648200-1316302556.jpg

post-39269-0-96212500-1316302563.jpg

post-39269-0-73578100-1316302577.jpg

It is a Cheap Rad , but if you like it there is no problem . The Crown looks like its not screwed down correctly so give that a look first . Yeah its a bit green but that could be the light. Theres no regulator/Swan Neck on the movement but that not a big deal unless you are going to pass it around. I have never seen anyone wear a Rad out in the Wild so I doubt you'll bump in to too many who know what it is. Invest in a nicer strap and it should last you a while. Tighten those Lug screws as well , as they tend to work loose

Can you help a newbie out; where is it lacking? Thanks.

OH I thought you were talking about the case back, not the movement ... the case back has the clear protective film, but the movement has both cote de geneva (Geneva Stripes) and engine turning.

This is a crappy photo of the gen, so YES it should have those "weird grooves"

113064d1214610833-wtt-panerai-183-black-seal-pam-183-movement.jpg

It is a Cheap Rad , but if you like it there is no problem . The Crown looks like its not screwed down correctly so give that a look first . Yeah its a bit green but that could be the light. Theres no regulator/Swan Neck on the movement but that not a big deal unless you are going to pass it around. I have never seen anyone wear a Rad out in the Wild so I doubt you'll bump in to too many who know what it is. Invest in a nicer strap and it should last you a while. Tighten those Lug screws as well , as they tend to work loose

Yeah, I haven't seen too many 183s in the wild either, which is sort of why I like this model. But these lugs look a little too long to me as well...maybe they just aren't tightened properly?

OH I thought you were talking about the case back, not the movement ... the case back has the clear protective film, but the movement has both cote de geneva (Geneva Stripes) and engine turning.

This is a crappy photo of the gen, so YES it should have those "weird grooves"

113064d1214610833-wtt-panerai-183-black-seal-pam-183-movement.jpg

I assume the cote de Geneva stripes are the horizontal patterns along the movement back? But what is the engine turning?

The weird grooves I was referring to were actually the diagonal patterns in between each horizontal section. I can't seem to find those in gen pics...or is that just some trick of the lighting?

Bottom line, is this a good rep I should accept? Thanks.

I wouls ask the dealer directly ... does the crown screw down? It is out in these photos and I find that to be puzzling .. ask if it screws down properly, since the photos show it as extended outwards.

Good point, thanks.

The engine turning pattern still bothers me a bit...