When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mods To 'josh's Retro 16710 Gmt Master Ii'..suggestions?

justlounging

Hi all,

I would like to get your feedback on a 16710 rep that I currently own..

It is a Josh Retro edition with the error dial and running on 21J movement..

What other mods can be done to it so make it even more accurate?

1. Crown placement is slightly low so a new case would definitely be in order..should i get it from the cartel 1655?

2. Changing the case would mean getting also a new bezel assembly..can i transplant it from the old case or better off getting an aftermarket bezel assembly?

3. 21J movement has been running accurately and at most +5 secs per week...however seconds hand is running at 5bps so stutter is still slightly obvious..

Should i change to an ETA 2836-2 or 2824? Where else would I be able to get new hands to fit onto the ETA movement..

4. Crystal will obviously need to be replaced to a slightly lower crystal (as compared with the 1655)..would a Clark 25-295 C2 fit for the 1655 case? Any suggestions on this?

Having said all these, should I even attempt such mods or leave the rep as it is and wear it like a beater..

All and any advice is appreciated..

Thanks in advance guys!

:)

I would leave it as it is.

You are asking questions about mixing up parts of two different models. That is not going to work! The 1655 is a good base for a vintage 1675 model but not for later models as yours. The parts are mostly not interchangeable and specially not the plexi crystals and sapphire crystals.