When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New 5Th Gen Po, Bracelet Feel Apart, Advice

genoint

Hello all,

I am hoping someone can clear this up for me. My new Omega PO rep bracelet fell apart after wearing it for the first time. As you can see from the pics, the pin fell out where the three bars are held together inside the clasp. According to the link: http://www.ofrei.com/page393.html it seems as if this pin is not available (the pin that I was able to recover when this fell apart is bent and doesn't seem to fit together).

Has anyone had this happen to them, if so how did you resolve this? I could always just send the watch back to the vendor if neccessary, but want to try to avoid that if possible (but wouldn't be a big deal since we are both in CONUS).

Sorry about the crappy cam phone pics:

Watch:

2011-09-26_09-21-22_217Large.jpg

Pin:

2011-09-26_10-50-38_437Large.jpg

thanks for the help all.

Well, the clasps and the crown/tube threads are a common issue with the PO's. If you really like the PO and plan to keep the watch for any length of time, I would suggest picking up a gen clasp and gen crown/tube.

Ofrei parts numbers are OME117ST1580952 for the clasp (136.00).....OME069ST42184 for the crown (38.00).....OME090ST1232 for the tube (6.60) and silicone grease to seal it back up....OL340A (6.69)

I went with the gen. clasp myself (my clasp spring broke hours after receiving mine) and to me it's well worth the cost and effort.

If by chance you simply want to fix yours I happen to have spare parts from the rep clasps. PM me and let me know what you need. I'd be happy to help.

By the looks of it you have the little 2 piece pin to put yours back together, just use some glue when putting the end into the sleeve.

NOTE: the gen. tube is threaded to the case like the rep tube is but with smaller threads. Marine grade epoxy is needed to secure the gen tube to the case and a few eta stems for correct length may be necessary as well...(thnks David for that info :) )

Edited by correctime

Thanks for the reply and advice, this is my first rep and it's a budget PO so will likely not be putting too much money into it. I do have the 2 piece pin, but strangely enough they don't fit together. Cannot slide the smaller pin inside the sleeve. I will try again when I get home with my proper tools.

Edited by genoint

I have to honestly say I have no clue, I have resized plenty of bracelets and changed straps but this pin and tube defintely look different than anything I have come across. But they definitely don't fit together and I am thinking that the pin is broken. Anyhow, I think Ihave enough info to fix this and maybe I will try to find a rep friendly watchsmith to fix it. thanks for the info

Sent from my Flashback 8.0 using Tapatalk

Well, the clasps and the crown/tube threads are a common issue with the PO's. If you really like the PO and plan to keep the watch for any length of time, I would suggest picking up a gen clasp and gen crown/tube.

Ofrei parts numbers are OME117ST1580952 for the clasp (136.00).....OME069ST42184 for the crown (38.00).....OME090ST1232 for the tube (6.60) and silicone grease to seal it back up....OL340A (6.69)

I went with the gen. clasp myself (my clasp spring broke hours after receiving mine) and to me it's well worth the cost and effort.

If by chance you simply want to fix yours I happen to have spare parts from the rep clasps. PM me and let me know what you need. I'd be happy to help.

By the looks of it you have the little 2 piece pin to put yours back together, just use some glue when putting the end into the sleeve.

NOTE: the gen. tube is threaded to the case like the rep tube is but with smaller threads. Marine grade epoxy is needed to secure the gen tube to the case and a few eta stems for correct length may be necessary as well...(thnks David for that info :) )

Agree with correctime, my clasp on my PO 5th gen fell apart first day I got it, so instead of going for the brand clasp I ordered whole Omega bracelet via CousinsUK. It made a big difference for me. Bear in mind that this could set you back by a good £300 or so, so in case you do not have enough monies on you, you can always go for original clasp via CousinsUK or Ofrei. Although rep clasp is ok, when compared side by side to the orig clasp, you can just tell the difference.