When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM 63 C hand question

Omega

You would be surprised how easily moisture can get in. You leave your watch in the bathroom while taking a hot shower and steam works its way in, etc. A C series is now a few years old, gaskets wear out on the crown tube, at the crystal, etc.Obviously your preference is to find the part and have a standard watch smith service it. If not say hello to your AD. If you have never had the watch serviced than it is time. But be forewarned your AD will charge you at least $400-500 on the service. They won't take a watch in for repair without providing a service since they are supposed to provide a 1 year guarantee.

I know it always comes down to budget but if you aint had it serviced for a good while... it would be worth getting it all done properly by OP.... I am not sure what prices are like in Germany but in UK you can go to any OP dealer/Boutique and they will charge around £30 to send it to OP... then OP write direct to you with a quote for the work but as WM says the service is mandatory as they give a 12 month warranty .. so its parts and service... if you dont want it done then OP send it back and its only cost you the £30..

I suggest you contact OP direct at Richemont customer service.. either phone or Email them.... if you are not near an OP dealer then Richemont will send you out a returns package for sending the watch to OP for work..

I really think its worth doing this first or at least finding out the SP from OP Germany direct... ie not a dealer they will give you a load of [censored] and add OHP etc...

If not try a WTB or contact Vanni, Wan etc... I know Vanni gets a few bits like that and can get to order but it will cost you at least five times what OP would charge so for same price you would get a free service thrown in ;) if you went to OP which is a way to look at the higher cost of grey market gen parts compared to going direct to OP...

PS- Any pics?

Pete-

In the U.S. there is no charge at the Panerai Boutique in NYC for shipping the watch and getting a quote. :)

You guys are so spoilt !! :)

The only time I got it free was sending through Richemont direct... they sent me a package kit and freepost bag etc..

Blimey thats some corrosion.... over what period did it occur? Given you clearly had some moisture in there I would defo get it back to OP for regasketing etc :) Just for my piece of mind :) especially on such a lovely model :)