When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Buying Reps In Japan

hambone

In two weeks I will be going to Japan and although I have been there many times, I have never looked for rep watches there. Now, thanks to this new feeding frenzy called rep collecting :Jumpy: I want to ask if anyone has any experience buying reps in Japan? Osaka is the major city I will be close to and would appreciate any suggestions . Thanks.

I live in Osaka, Japan and they do have a few dodgy reps that sell in Osaka City centre (Umeda and Namba) but they are ll asian and will set you back $200.

Stick to the beautiful food and sightseeing in Japan and to our good dealers here for the watches.

As the previous post says 'nothing to see'

sorry to disappoint

Thanks, Osaka is a great city. I love the food there and it is fun to cruise around at night. I appreciate the tip, and have to agree with you that there are great dealers here that are hard to beat.

I live in Osaka, Japan and they do have a few dodgy reps that sell in Osaka City centre (Umeda and Namba) but they are ll asian and will set you back $200.

I live in Kyoto. Kansai power baby! :3a:

As far as reps go, forget it. Japan ain't the wild wild east when it comes to anything like that.

Kansai power baby!

Indeed! Kyoto rocks and I will be spending some time there also. I am glad I asked this question here as it will save me valuable time. Domo Arigato !

I live in Kyoto. Kansai power baby! :3a:

As far as reps go, forget it. Japan ain't the wild wild east when it comes to anything like that.

Kanerich, always meant to ask you, seeing your avatar. Are you a fan of wrestling? I have some old stuff from the 90s when Chris Benoit wrestled Jushin "Thunder" Liger which are pretty good. There were some tournaments around that time that I have of there.

Sorry to go completely off-topic everyone! :whistling:

I see you are from Finland. My Dad is from Nykarleby and we still have a farm there as well as a beach house. I am there every second summer. Now we are even more off topic

Kanerich, always meant to ask you, seeing your avatar. Are you a fan of wrestling? I have some old stuff from the 90s when Chris Benoit wrestled Jushin "Thunder" Liger which are pretty good. There were some tournaments around that time that I have of there.

Sorry to go completely off-topic everyone! :whistling:

Yeah, I was hugely into wrestling during both the 1980's glory years (up to about 1989 when things got stale and silly) and the Monday Night Wars (up to about 2002, after which things got stale and complacent). When I came to Japan for grad school my university actually had a Pro Wrestling club and I joined for a few months for laughs, hence the photo. I'm not a huge guy (5'11, 185) but in Japan people aren't that big so that's good enough for government work, as Good Old JR would say. I quit pretty soon though -- at age 31 I was just too old to be doing the crazy [censored] that 18 and 19-year old Japanese guys do just for laughs, and I had visions of the paper at home with the headline "Local man breaks neck taking brain buster in Japan for no apparent reason: stupidity cited as cause of injury" But still, good times. Japan's a fun place, lack of replica watches notwithstanding (see, I stayed on topic).

There are some with the reputation that work stiff (no, not that kind of work!), so you have more chance of injury that way. I just enjoyed watching good wrestling, and technical matches that someone like Chris Benoit puts on. I haven't watched much in the last few years, it got a bit boring, but as you can guess I like Trish Stratus... but now she's retired :o

Gotta get back to work!