When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Too good to be true deals...

b00st_sec

So I've been trying to decide on my first Rep watch to buy for the past month or so since I joined RWG (Awesome site BTW) and I had decided on getting either a SMP Chrono or the Super Avenger Blacksteel v2 and then I come across a ad on craigslist (red flag) for a previously owned Gen SMP Chrono in "excellent" condition for around 675 USD. Ad states it has the Swiss Valjoux 7750 chrono movement, etc. Picture he posts is the stock SMP pic. (red flag)

My question is this. I asked the seller if he would be willing to meet at a local watchsmith to verify authenticity. Is there anything else I can do on my end if I do meet and see this watch that can help determine if I am buying a gen or just getting ripped off?

Thanks for any replies. I love this site, not sure my wife does though. ;)

-b00st

Before you waste your time meeting the guy I would just ask him to send you a few pics tagged of the actual watch back and front... even just phone pics..

If you do go for watchsmith be aware that a lot of them wouldnt know a good rep from a gen if you hit them with it !

Or a pic of the warranty cards or S/N as you can check this on Omega Website

Before you waste your time meeting the guy I would just ask him to send you a few pics tagged of the actual watch back and front... even just phone pics..

If you do go for watchsmith be aware that a lot of them wouldnt know a good rep from a gen if you hit them with it !

Or a pic of the warranty cards or S/N as you can check this on Omega Website

Very good advice mate