When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think I've been rep infected

HartDoc

I have a pretty deep gen collection (Rolex, IWC, zenith, JLC, Omega, Breitling,etc...) but I just noticed I've been wearing only reps for almost a week. WTF !!!!

As a matter of fact except for my U1 and my PO none of my gens are currently in my rotation.

Its gotten so bad. I have a chance to a JLC master compressor NSA but I just cant pull the trigger because I keep thinking how many really nice reps I could get with the same amount of money.

When I was strictly gens it was a whole lot easier. Get a nice watch, save or flip until you get your grail. Now its all about, do I like a watch enough to mod it ? If I mod a watch, how much do I put into it. and so on and so on.

For me its not really about passing a watch off as a gen. becuase 99.9% of non WIS wouldnt know and/or care if it was real or not.

So now I'm stuck in the rep world and making new rep friends/contacts on a daily basis. But I feel foolish paying for my gen sub when I could've gotten a wm9 sub for a fraction of the price.

So my question to you - Is there a cure for my infection ?

I heard the only cure is more cowbell....

More cowbell Indeed. :D When the rep bug bites...It dosent like to let go.

To have a gen collection such as yours....and still be impressed with reps..will I think that says a lot about the quailty of the reps today.

I was looking to purchase a gen Omega SMPO chrono...orange bezel...Thats how I happened to find reps/RWG. For the price of the PO...between $3.500-4.000...I was able to have around ten nice reps...several nice straps for my Pams...and also some decent tools....For the price of one watch...I had built up a nice little hobby around me....some great friends.....and a love for the auto/mechanical movement.

It's been almost three years now...I have worn my reps on a varitey of occasions...and never had my watch(s) called into question.

On the rare occasion when someone makes a remark about my watch.....I say "thanks"...or I tell them it's a rep.......That usually strarts a whole new conversation..lol.

So HeartHoc..It looks to me like you're exactly where you are supposed to be.....The only prescription Is :Dhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4royOLtvmQ

Mike

Just enjoy the ride. I too find more satisfaction wearing my reps over my gens. I hardly wear the gens nowadays. My partner has also been infected and is keen for me to find her more reps. Its a great world here so enjoy.