When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My HBB RG 2009 Baton Dial (not V6) - modded out

ALEX.CPA

This project has started in 2010 and was finaly completed just in September of 2011. It was coming together slowly but to me it was worth the wait. :clap2:

It started with a very-hard-to-source HBB RG Ceramic Case (not plated :)) with crappy 21k A7750 and white DW. V1 RG/PVD Buckle from V1 ultimate RG, 2009 baton style dial and RG hands set (both by V2 maker) came from Mary. Ceramic RG bezel was also replaced with Brushed ceramic bezel from V2 maker. Then brand new movement died while my smith was swapping black DW in. While I was looking for the donor HBB watch (or new movement per se) I snatched one of the last TXcollector's Blue AR Xtals. Finaly I pulled the trigger on ABII Lite from Tony (asian7750) because i needed ABII bezel and also because I wanted 28K A7750 in this RG HBB. I consulted with fellow geeks here and on RWG regarding compatibility of dials/hands between 21K(v2) and 28K (v1/V5) A7750 movements. Got mixed feedback and just took the leap of faith in my smith.

He retrofited V2 dial and hands (except H-seconds hand) onto V1 A7750 28 K movement with little problems. Dial feet matched however V1 DW got misalligned a bit with V2 dial so smith also had to swap V2 black DW back into 28K V1 heart. The worst discovery was that V2 H-seconds hand did not fit V1 28K A7750. I sourced a new set of RG hands by V1 maker (thanks Tony), but they do not make H-hand in RG, only in red. This is the biggest "tell" from Dutchy's pieces. I may replace red H-hand with RG one if I source it eventualy from V6 maker. While at it, smith perfomred full movement service and also replaced pvd screws on bridges and rotor with silver counterparts. Last but not least, I have added Mickey's 1) movement stickers (H and 27 Jewels), 2) Ti Bezel screws and 3) Gummy Croc strap.

Besides H-hand I will eventualy swap reg 309 RG case-back as this one is def not limited edition.

Please judge the final product for yourselves. Sorry for the crappy iphone pics and fingerprints:D .

Any comments/suggestions...welcomed ;)

f7998167.jpg

0a766570.jpg

1b2b7adf.jpg

227bd1ef.jpg

9c23699b.jpg

5e092391.jpg

587bf88f.jpg

913d56fe.jpg

a08ec946.jpg

Obligatory wristies

9a21e707.jpg

f462b392.jpg

3a01cf74.jpg

Thanks Gentelemen. It was long and troublesome project but end result is very pleasing to me. And I did enjoy the process as much as the end result.

Now I only need to gold plate H-hand and modify DW to have gold font on black background.