When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Yatchmaster gen parts

Chips81

This depends on how easily you can pick up the gen parts at a reasonable price and just how important it really is to you. I just got a SSD v2 which I'm converting into a 16660 matte dial SD and the rep crown and tube are really pretty good- just like the BK crown and tube- so I'm not swapping out at this point. If i decided to in the future, I would pick up a used 24-703 crown for around $50 and an aftermarket tube for around $20 and install them myself. Installation labor is really only worth $25 as far as I'm concerned. I tap the case hole and then install the tube with the tube wrench and some loc-tite ($80 worth of tools). Crown is simply a matter of unscrewing the old crown from the stem and screwing on the new one.

Crystals are a little more hard to come by and run $125-250. Installing them is another $25 deal. Maybe the clarity of the Rolex 25-295-C-1 is better than the WM9/BK crystal, but I doubt it's much. I have a gen sub and the crystal looks the same as my rep crystals, but the laser etched crown is just about impossible to see w/o a loupe.