When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Metal Work

elwopo

In the course of replacing a bezel insert (using tips provided here)....I've decided to take this project one more step since things are in pieces.

The metal finish on the crown guards needs work. The transition from brushed to polished is not so good.

I know I'll need to remove the crown...and I'm fairly sure there is a tutorial for that. I'll search for that soon.

My question is....what procedure should I follow to get the surface of the guards better? I've heard dremel pros and cons....but I'm not sure what the best course of action is in this case.

Here's what I'm dealing with...

137554-17862.jpg

137554-17863.jpg

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In the course of replacing a bezel insert (using tips provided here)....I've decided to take this project one more step since things are in pieces.

The metal finish on the crown guards needs work. The transition from brushed to polished is not so good.

I know I'll need to remove the crown...and I'm fairly sure there is a tutorial for that. I'll search for that soon.

My question is....what procedure should I follow to get the surface of the guards better? I've heard dremel pros and cons....but I'm not sure what the best course of action is in this case.

Here's what I'm dealing with...

137686-17839.jpg

137686-17840.jpg

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

you must sand it with 1000er sandpaper,than you need to polish with a good Polishwax...

Thats it..