When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UPO or the smaller one?

Fleet

I'm having trouble deciding.

I just read By-Tor's review of the 45mm "UPO", and reading it it clearly states that it's a better rep then any other Omega.

My only fear is that'll it be too big. So I've been looking on the 42mm PO instead, but the price difference between these two aren't much at all, so I don't know how I would feel buying a less accurate rep when I could buy the best.

Now I also realize that his review is from 2006, has anything changed since then?

How's it going bud I had exactly the same dilemma as you a few weeks ago. I wanted the 45mm upo as I also read its a better rep but I ended up ordering the 42mm from Joshua . Which in my eyes even though I'm not a pro by any means Is a very good rep.I deffinatly think the 42mm is a safer bet. How big are you wrists? There is a recent post where a member has a picture of both sizes on his wrist at same time and even though it only a couple of mm bigger the 45 looks alot bigger.mine should arrive in the next week. I'll put a few pics up soon as it arrives so you can have a look.by all accounts the reps have come a long way.hope this helps bud

How's it going bud I had exactly the same dilemma as you a few weeks ago. I wanted the 45mm upo as I also read its a better rep but I ended up ordering the 42mm from Joshua . Which in my eyes even though I'm not a pro by any means Is a very good rep.I deffinatly think the 42mm is a safer bet. How big are you wrists? There is a recent post where a member has a picture of both sizes on his wrist at same time and even though it only a couple of mm bigger the 45 looks alot bigger.mine should arrive in the next week. I'll put a few pics up soon as it arrives so you can have a look.by all accounts the reps have come a long way.hope this helps bud

Great to hear!

My wrists aren't so big, so I think the 42mm will be the best watch for me. But it's hard to decide..

I'll wait for your pics, and then make up my mind. Please share them when you get it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMO I think the UPO, on my 7.5" wrist looks perfect, if not a little small! Honestly I wouldn't mind if it was 47. When I first put it on I was worried that I got the 42mm by mistake! Then I broke out my digital calipers and sure enough...45.14mm (not including crown). To me the 45 wears small as the profile is thin. It is such a beautiful design I don't mind it being 'out there' at all. O'yea, if you are on the fence about orange or black, I chose the orange and am glad I did. I'm a dive watch freak and have always played conservative by choosing black bezels. It's nice now having a sweet beauty that is different from far. Either way, this is one nice rep!

Hi guys I previously got a 42mm upo and when it arrived luckily for me it had issues and I sent back for repair. I ended up getting it exchanged for 45mm upo and I'm so glad I did.it really doesn't look too big on you wrist compared to the 42mm. So glad I changed to 45. Ive only got 7" wrists and was worried to about it being to big. Here's a quick wrist shot if it helps of the 45. Cheers

Ryan post-40133-132188488245.jpg