When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW bez/insert vs gen bez/insert

Thor

the mbw bez/insert is installed...the genuine is the loose one. sorry for crappy pics...

431-8008.jpg

431-8009.jpg

431-8010.jpg

431-8011.jpg

imho...there is very little difference...the bezel cuts are slightly different, and the pearl is a tad more inset on the gen...thats all my 1/2 trained eye can see.

after further inspection....

pearl is bigger on mbw then gen...by like 10-15%

pearl is way brighter lum on gen....really bright.

the cut is deeper on gen bezel.

the inserts are really really similar.

how much was the genuine bezel, if I can ask?

i paid $275 for gen bezel and insert....

Thanks for the comparison.

PRECISELY what I was looking for (I am planning on buying a sub from luckyyy and was worrying about the differences on the bezel). Great comparison! Indeed the pearl gives it away....a lot different on the Gen, to me at least, since its what I focus my attention on at bezels of submariners.

Anyway, thanks a lot for that :happy:

Dutchy

heres a better pic...tho still no ansel adams effort...

I dont see a big difference. I have the MBW and I was comparing with gens by pics, and unless you manify pics and compare side by side, no one can tell.

I have to disagree, I think there is nothing like the gen pearl. I haven't seen an aftermarket to match gen yet. True NOBODY would ever know and it is not a big deal but I just love the look of a gen pearl. If I were you cabbage, I would swap inserts.

is it the pic or is the gen bezel slightly thinner then MBW bezel?

Just got my MBW LV 1a, last night and took it apart.

I know that an OEM bezel insert will not fit without work. Mine didn't. Swapping between reps would work, but OEM, or OEM replacement will need to be sanded down to fit into the MBW bezel. The whole bezel and insert will not work as well since they use different methods for click and tightness.

Now mine is a LV and may be different with the non LV version.

I will post pics within a day or two of the tear down.

D

cabbage,

Can you take a pic of the gen bezel flipped over to see the click teeth?

Thanks,

D

here ya go:

post-6464-1212502090_thumb.jpgpost-6464-1212502165_thumb.jpgpost-6464-1212502278_thumb.jpg

Here are some quick shots of the MBW bezel and insert.

431-8012.jpg

431-8013.jpg

431-8014.jpg

431-8015.jpg

431-8016.jpg

431-8017.jpg

Enjoy,

D

And here is why an OEM bezel insert won't fit. Notice the flat lip of the OEM insert that will need to be sanded down to match the angle of the other insert.

431-8018.jpg

431-8019.jpg

Also note how hard it is to get the real green color. The microfiber towel beneath all the pictures is the same.

I will work on that tonight. Try to get my camera setup for non auto settings.

D

On the normal MBW Sub its the same Bezel like on the LV.

A Gen Bezel won't fit,i think.....

But it doesn't matter,the Bezel is quite good at the MBW.

I you like the Gen pearl more swapp it onthe MBW-Insert....

RG Tribal

Genuine parts fit to the watch…. I heard, I mean read this as one of the greatest characteristics of the MBW. And part of the reason for his price

So genuine parts won’t fit the watch?

Page 2:

They do on the MBW vintage Rollie sport models which have the 1:1 cases & bezels & inserts :thumbsupsmileyanim: . Not so on the modern line. However, they are super watches.

Hopefully, I'll live to see the day an OEM insert pops right in on the modern Sub and SD as they do on the vintages. :cool:

Jet