When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Darkside Is Officially Down For Maintenance.

crumpdaddy

RWG, is it ok if we hang out here for awhile? I promise not to cause any trouble.

Thanks.

And all Darksiders, this is the note I got from Tim via IM before he shut it down a few moments ago:

Conversing with Tim via I.M.

"Obviously, we have website problems. No staff can get on the main index on the site. There are other issues that have/are affecting our regular forum members as well, so at any moment we will be taking down the site to do a database backup & maintenance. The restore point may be somewhere in the recent past, so post counts MIGHT decrease.

We have no ETA for how long the site will be down, so please make sure your oxygen tank is strapped on. May have to chill on the bright side for awhile."

Funny how nobody suspected a possibility of RWI web site being taken over by intruders/hackers.

If that happens to be the case, most likely the only safe "return" would consist of restoring data from the last backup tape(s).

Just a thought... :brow:

babola

I was thinking that too Babola.

Maybe a compromise of the SQL server?

Quite possibly, there would be a number of possible hack scenarios, depending on location of the Web front-end itself and the app/database server, as well as their interaction.

That said, the site is being hosted by a known and respected Web sites hosting company so lets hope they know their stuff quite well and how to secure Web publishing environment, accordingly.

Fingers crossed :whistling:

cheers,

babola

Edited by babola

Anyway guy's make yourself at home until all is well over there, I'm sure you will all behave..........in fact I'm positive of it :evil:

Nah have fun gang :D

Ken

Dont be so sure Ken! :Jumpy::blink:

Maybe I'll go poke sticks at Neil or something.?? Give you guys something to gawk at till the Dark Side turns it's lights out again. :bangin:

See, like RWG, RWI likes to keep our server .... somewhere else .... We happen to keep it mobile.

We have our server strapped to Tim's back and communicates through satellites. It happens to be a very cloudy day on the east coast of the U.S. and those of you with XM Radio should know what I'm talking about.