When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Help! Is this a gen Rolex 5513 Sub tritium dial

the_rymeister

sure is. expect this auction to reach over $200 though. does a josh fit a gen dial?

Cheers buddy, according to the topic " josh's 5512" gen Tudor and gen Rolex dials fit the 5512 and 5513 from josh, apparently both the 5512 and 5513 are same case. I'd better get paying for the dial. Cheers again mate

The dial looks real tatty. If I were you I'd hold off for a better example. Try looking at the vintage rolex forum.

Here's my gen 5513 dial, spotless and picked up for less than $200.

They are out there.

a64cfa88.jpg

Nice watch and dial Matt, i'll keep searching the Internet. Hopefully something nice will come up that's Affordable.

Cheers guys, I think the dial I'm looking for is the type with the white gold surrounds like this one below.

cd3522b5.jpg

I'm in the process of collecting parts and information to start a 5513 build. Quite new to watch collecting and modding so I'm learning every day. I've got a tool kit coming from watch blitz so all I need now is a good 5513 watch for a starting point and a load of parts then i'll pull it apart and see what I can do.

the one pictured above is a service tritium dial from the 90s.

the original dial currently being auctioned is an original 80s dial NOT service replacement. the condition of the dial in the auction needs a bit of cleaning and will never look perfectly mark free. the spider web cracking effect is sought after for these dials, not my taste but it certainly doesnt detract from it, so dont count the cracking as damage. but yeah - i would skip it. especially if you dont intend on pairing it with some tritium hands.

instead keep your eye on this one

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/VERY-RARE-Rolex-glossy-gilt-Submariner-dial-80s-referenz-5513-/250925768364?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a6c575eac

that mark above the crown looks like cloth lint to me, as in the seller tried to clean the dial before taking pictures

cant seem to edit my post to append some information:

there appears to be slight damage around the 7 o clock marker and the pinion hole on the dial looks like theres paint missing but wouldnt be noticeable once installed with hands, it could also be the camera angle and lighting. if you can get this one for a good price it is more than suitable.