When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Brietling SOSF or Omega PO

quicktime

Trying to decide on an early Christmas present to myself. A Brietling black face Super Ocean Steel Fish on SS bracelet or the Omega 45mm Planet Ocean (black dial, orange number, black leather strap with orange stitching). Both with Swiss ETA movements, 2836 and 2824 respectively.

What are your thoughts for the most accurate rep of the two mentioned? Thanks

Unfortunately you won't find a good Steelfish on the Dealer sites anymore, the best ones are out of production so you have to keep an eye on the sales section on here and hope that one will pop up, unlikely, but you never know!

As for the UPO, both colour ways look great, if you get the orange numeral choice don't get it with the orange bezel, the black bezel just makes the orannge numerals nice and subtle, especially with the strap! I have a brand new one sitting around if you can't get one with the watch, just PM me.

Happy hunting mate!!

Sixx :bones:

I must echo Brother Sixx's words of wisdom on this one. Not only is the SOSF no longer in production, when I tried on a gen a few years back (and I appreciate this is just my perspective) I felt that given the size of the case, the dial was undersized and miss-matched. The Planet Ocean is probably one of my favorite watches around, and it is only my own neuroses which prevents me from obtaining another in replacement of the ones I sold to pay for my wedding two years ago :bangin: The case is a masterpiece of elegance which puts the Rolex Submariner to shame, and the clarity of the arrow hands and large dial markers is easily the best combination available on a dive watch. I would also agree about the color scheme. Pumpkin numerals with a black bezel is the one combination I have not yet tried, but it always looks spectacular. The one thing I would add, is to consider your planned uses and associated wardrobe. If you're going to be wearing it primarily with suits and long-sleeve shirts, then go for the 42mm on SS bracelet. If it's going to be more casual and jeans and T-Shirts, then go for the 45mm on rubber strap :good::drinks:

I have to agree with previous speakers. The PO is the watch to get. I warn you though. Even though its a great rep.. when you have seen the gen you will like to mod the UPO. You will feel the neeeed to get some aftermarket AR on it, it really makes the dial pop like the gen.

I would get a modded UPO or PO. You cant go wrong with that. If im not wrong one of the previous speakers might help you with that B)

Good luck and have fun :)

I second that. The 42mm PO is a stunner. That said I am tempted to sell mine as I want SOOOOOO many other reps it's just not funny! I also want a gen Lum-Tec at some point as well. At the moment my pumkin PO is having gen hands and a gen crown and sleeve fitted as well as a black rubber strap. I got the box as well as I want to try and blag friends and family at Xmas that it's a gen, some of them have gens and I'm looking forward to seeing if they can tell!

+1 on the PO. Saw a Gen one in the AD today and it made me smile to think about how good my one is in comparison.

@Hoint : Sold my Lum-Tec Bull 45 a few weeks back on the 'bay to pay for new reps! Very comfy watch but I didn't like the black PVD and very strongly coloured AR. Every now and then the UK distributor sells some off quite cheap.