When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Please help a noob with questions regarding his recently arrived patek aquanaut rep

lewism129

I ordered a patek aquanaut jumbo v2 with steel band and 2824-2 movement from josh, it just arrived and I have two questions:

Can i adjust (shorten) the band myself? If so, how?

And I was wondering (extremely noob question) how I adjust the time and date on this particular rep? The crown feels like it is on a screw. If i twist the crown clockwise without pulling it out it just stops, if i twist anticlockwise it unwinds until it is in the outward position, but the time/date still do not change. Is the watch defective or am i doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After you turn the crown anti-clockwise, and it "releases" from the watch body ... you are in the winding position. If you now tun the crown clockwise, you will be manually winding your timepiece.

To set the date, please grasp the crown firmly while it is in the winding position and gently pull it out farther from the watch body. If you turn the crown in a clockwise manner now, you will see the date change as you turn.

To set the time, please grasp the crown firmly and again pull it away from the watch body. In this 3rd position, you will turn the crown either anti OR clockwise, and you will notice the hands are moving and thus you may set the time.

Please note that the distance the crown appears to be from the body of the watch in this drawing is greatly exaggerated.

post-22602-0-79353500-1320805900.jpg

Regarding your watch bracelet: Look at the sides of the bracelet. Do you see screw heads or very small pins holding it together?