When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss movement in your 312/328/359? Think Again!

blue_sphere

Do you know the exact reason why it wont... Diameter.. thickness etc?

Have you sought a second opinion.... with all respect to Vac a few other watchsmiths are more geared to adapting/machining cases and movements etc..

Do you know the exact reason why it wont... Diameter.. thickness etc?

Have you sought a second opinion.... with all respect to Vac a few other watchsmiths are more geared to adapting/machining cases and movements etc..

My guess (and a guess it is) is that there are certain pieces they add to make it look aesthetically closer to the gen which changes the overall thickness and also requires you bastardizing the swiss movement to add the asian parts. Ziggy went through hell years ago converting an HBB for me to a Swiss based movement. It may be able to be done but by the time you are done adding the plates and other required parts from the Asian movement you have a mishmash.

I reckon your right mate.... but I have heard in a few instances that a little machining has cured the issue... but in no way am I saying that is the case here...

I guess all I mean is.... dont give up on your hopes just yet... a second opinion from someone more use to these issues might be able to help or draw a line under your aspirations..

Congrats again W... on hitting the big 10K mate :) Its been a real pleasure and inspiration for me having you around mate :) I wouldnt have learnt half the stuff I have without help from a guy like you

Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...