When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to use the chronograph Tag Day Date Calibre 16

HyperEscape

Hello All,

I have just received my most talked about TAG Carerra Calibre 16 Day-Date Chronograph.

Have been enjoying its beauty and craftsmanship.

However to actually flaunt the inners, I need to know how to really use the chronograph functions. What are probable situations for its use, what are the markings and how is the external bezel tachymeter used in measuring velocity and distance. Does it has some use in combination with the chronograph.

My understanding is that I know that chronograph can be activated/reset by the push buttons on 2" and 4" o clock, but they only activate the large seconds hand (with red tip). With each complete round of the second's hand the 12 o clock sub dial (which is 30 minutes chrono marker) advances by one minute and the 6 o clock subdial should advance by one each hour.

How can I reset or align the small chrono sub-dials at 12 and 6 o clock. Right now they are running out of sync with the main timing clock. Do they keep running even when the chrono functions is not activated by the push button at 2 o clock.

I hope I am able to make myself clear, I need an article, guidance or a bible of chronograph functions and how they are supposed to be used in this watch.

Would be an excellent resource for the general understanding of all of us.

Thanks for your response.

The chronograph/stop watch is activated by pressing the pusher at the two...the pusher at the two also stops the chronograph.

The pusher at the four Is only to be used to reset the chronograph to 12...this should reset the three hands ..but most likely two hands (the big hand and the sub dial minute hand at the three.

I dont recommend running your chrono over a hour...so the hour sub dial hand at the 12 should not be a issue.

If you push the reset pusher at the four while your chronograph Is running...you could very well damage the movement....remember...the pusher at the four Is only to be used to reset the chronograph....nothing else.

Personally... I wouldnt mess with these functions to much...unless you have It properly serviced.

If your watch is not working as described above....contact the dealer like KalenKong suggested.

Good luck. :)

Mike