When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

AP Marcus

Legend

To the AP Gurus here

I have been checking out the rep AP Marcus, and it seems to me that the dial, crown and pusher colors are somewhat off.. I am not sure if its due to lighting, or did they get the colors wrong.

The Rep AP Marcus (From King Watches)

http://www.kingshowbox.com/images/201110/goods_img/6664_P_1319959091790.JPG

The Gen AP Marcus

http://www.philippinewatchclub.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2422

The gen color seems to be much closer to red while the rep color is closer to orange.

Can someone who has the expertise please guide me thank you.

My thanks also for your patience in putting up with my somewhat pointless question.

LK

• 11 months later...

To bring back thread from the dead.. Any update on this legend? :D

Hey mate, a thread I forgotten :D

The colors, I found out, are quite close to gen..but the usual flaws apply of cos.

So when you gonna get your first ROO franken? :drinks:

Oha ... old thread this is.

My obesrvation on the MARCUS: the red is actually BLOOD RED and quite similar to gen. Only the usual flaws and; with this color combination even more flashy flaw ... the color on the numbers need to be filled and sunken in (concave) .... the rep has them filled but raised (convex).

Anyway, I would go for the rosegold version on this. But if you need to go for this combination I can suggest the LAS VEGAS to you.

Look at my thread here on RG:

http://www.repgeek.com/showthread.php?t=141511

Or here on RWG:

http://www.rwg.cc/topic/134441-what-roo-to-choose-here-is-a-helpful-list/page__hl__%20roo%20%20to%20%20choose

Dr. Theo

P.S.: I ask to pin my write-up on RWG as well but never got any response.

My obesrvation on the MARCUS: the red is actually BLOOD RED and quite similar to gen. Only the usual flaws and; with this color combination even more flashy flaw ... the color on the numbers need to be filled and sunken in (concave) .... the rep has them filled but raised (convex).

Anyway, I would go for the rosegold version on this. But if you need to go for this combination I can suggest the LAS VEGAS to you.

http://www.repgeek.c...ad.php?t=141511

Or here on RWG:

http://www.rwg.cc/to...roo to choose

Dr. Theo

Hows the LV in terms of accuracy?

http://www.repgeek.c...ad.php?t=141511

Or here on RWG:

http://www.rwg.cc/to...roo to choose

Dr. Theo

I never knew the numbers on the Marcus were sunken in, thanks for the education.

To me, it looks very similar to the LV in terms of color scheme.

Hahaha, looking to acquire an AP rep after handling a couple in the "market" in Indonesia. I mean I could have bought one right then and there, but I wanna support our TD's although it does take longer to come, and I'd have to make the trip to Singapore to actually receive it. Do you have any suggestions or a basic List that you'd classify as quite accurate? After all you are one of the AP masters :D. But your guru Watchmeister really got me thinking. It's quite true that I would not get a gen AP not because of the price per se, but because of that opportunity cost. With that price tag, I'd rather get a Ducati :D. But that doesn't mean I won't be considering a Patek in the future :D

Oops forgot to quote you legend.

Edited by folex

Hahaha, looking to acquire an AP rep after handling a couple in the "market" in Indonesia. I mean I could have bought one right then and there, but I wanna support our TD's although it does take longer to come, and I'd have to make the trip to Singapore to actually receive it. Do you have any suggestions or a basic List that you'd classify as quite accurate? After all you are one of the AP masters :D. But your guru Watchmeister really got me thinking. It's quite true that I would not get a gen AP not because of the price per se, but because of that opportunity cost. With that price tag, I'd rather get a Ducati :D. But that doesn't mean I won't be considering a Patek in the future :D

Oops forgot to quote you legend.

I would suggest, if you are troubled by the same flaws as I am, but not considering frankens

a. Any of the JUAN Pablo Montoya series

b. Survivor

c. T3

d. Ruben Barrichello ( this one would look very good after some dial mods!!)

And no I am a learner myself mate!.. Guys like Madred, Watchmeister, Zorrolondon etc, they are the guys who are armed to the teeth with the knowledge on AP watches. Me? I browse the catalogues and compare pics with the reps. :D

Give me a ride on that Ducati someday. :D

I would suggest, if you are troubled by the same flaws as I am, but not considering frankens

a. Any of the JUAN Pablo Montoya series

b. Survivor

c. T3

d. Ruben Barrichello ( this one would look very good after some dial mods!!)

And no I am a learner myself mate!.. Guys like Madred, Watchmeister, Zorrolondon etc, they are the guys who are armed to the teeth with the knowledge on AP watches. Me? I browse the catalogues and compare pics with the reps. :D

Give me a ride on that Ducati someday. :D

Hehehe, funny :D

Thanks for the suggestions. Indeed your selection does have its accuracy, I assume it is because of the position of the crown, and how its not as obvious as the other reps. I was actually still thinking about the Safari, although it does bother me. But I don't have a watch with a white Dial yet, except for the Cartier Santos 100. But I don't feel that watch everyday, needs some kind of occassion to wear it, whereas the Safari seems to fit nicely with my daily wear, except of course, as you mentioned. The flaws are rather obvious to us :( But then again, I know I cant afford a Juan pablo montoya at this point, but a Safari is still in reach. For me, I wouldn't want to acquire a rep I could not afford, but your input is highly appreciated :)

And about that future Ducati, bring your own oxygen mask, as Jakarta is one hell of a place to ride a bike. Like smoking 1000--> :pimp: at once.

Edited by folex

Hehehe, funny :D

Thanks for the suggestions. Indeed your selection does have its accuracy, I assume it is because of the position of the crown, and how its not as obvious as the other reps. I was actually still thinking about the Safari, although it does bother me. But I don't have a watch with a white Dial yet, except for the Cartier Santos 100. But I don't feel that watch everyday, needs some kind of occassion to wear it, whereas the Safari seems to fit nicely with my daily wear, except of course, as you mentioned. The flaws are rather obvious to us :( But then again, I know I cant afford a Juan pablo montoya at this point, but a Safari is still in reach. For me, I wouldn't want to acquire a rep I could not afford, but your input is highly appreciated :)

And about that future Ducati, bring your own oxygen mask, as Jakarta is one hell of a place to ride a bike. Like smoking 1000--> :pimp: at once.

AP is not the only brand, especially when it comes to white dials. To me, I am at the stage where the ROOs with the typical layout I wear (round pushers with crown offset) are either gens or frankens. I have reps of cos, but belonging to the category which I mentioned in my previous post. The Safari is not a bad choice at all honestly. Just that looking at your posts, it seems to me that the rep safari would not last more than a month on your wrist, when you see the flaws on the dial right away each time you check it out. ;)

The Hublots are much more accurate in my opinion in that aspect. But again, my gripe with them is that they are uncomfortable to wear.

At the end of the day, it very much depends on what you are after. I still think a franken would tend to serve your needs better, if you are not considering a gen at the moment.

AP is not the only brand, especially when it comes to white dials. To me, I am at the stage where the ROOs with the typical layout I wear (round pushers with crown offset) are either gens or frankens. I have reps of cos, but belonging to the category which I mentioned in my previous post. The Safari is not a bad choice at all honestly. Just that looking at your posts, it seems to me that the rep safari would not last more than a month on your wrist, when you see the flaws on the dial right away each time you check it out. ;)

The Hublots are much more accurate in my opinion in that aspect. But again, my gripe with them is that they are uncomfortable to wear.

At the end of the day, it very much depends on what you are after. I still think a franken would tend to serve your needs better, if you are not considering a gen at the moment.

Very much agreed buddy :) You're starting to know me even than I know myself :D hehe..

And to add on, Hublot's design isn't exactly my kind of tea. Even the gen looks like a rep. Sorry Hublot fans :inverted:

Very much agreed buddy :) You're starting to know me even than I know myself :D hehe..

And to add on, Hublot's design isn't exactly my kind of tea. Even the gen looks like a rep. Sorry Hublot fans :inverted:

I find that Hublots are nice, but then again, taste is something very personal isn't it.

Get an AP franken then! lol

My white theme is currently not for sale, but with the limited gen AP parts, "expensive" needs to be re-defined.

Just ask the rest who own an AP franken here. Its fast becoming an ultra-limited type of watch.

Of course, when the price represents a significant percentage of the gen watch price, then I would not consider getting/building one either.

My white theme is currently not for sale, but with the limited gen AP parts, "expensive" needs to be re-defined.

Just ask the rest who own an AP franken here. Its fast becoming an ultra-limited type of watch.

Of course, when the price represents a significant percentage of the gen watch price, then I would not consider getting/building one either.

+1, and yes agreed with you. But i also think in absolute value. hehehe, damn u!! U just persuaded me not to get a Safari Rep! Argh!!

Oh, and I apologize to drag this thread further. But after looking at Toro's section, for some reason, his AP Volcano has the right crown height? Take a look at it, its flat?

Or even his Black theme.

Am I just seeing things, or is he posting the wrong pics or whats going on? When I compare the pics to Puretime, the crown position is different.

Can someone verify this?

Great Idea too, saves u money :D

Btw Legend, Have you considered the AP Shaq O Neal? It seems as though the crown seems correct. But the dial color seems to be alittle off. What do you think?

I have the T3, and the O'Neal seems fairly similar.. maybe the legacy when a sec@12 version is released. ;)