When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Maybe building a Tudor

highoeyazmuhudee

with all these new Tudors being built everyday. i think i might try one out. so the first step is the shopping list.

since my watch of choice is a 5513 no date i think i ll try out a 9411 snowflake date, no better time to be rocking a date sub when you can get a proper eta datewheel and not have to worry about aligning a sticker.

im not entirely familiar with the subtle nuances of tudor subs like i am with vintage rolex subs.

so i need help identifying as accurate as can be reproduction pieces.

to start off

this dial. any opinion on how accurate it is? whats better, whats your first choice?

1692373gross.jpg

hands: again how accurate are yukis? what should one look for

i also found these with this dial... (both of which are NOT yukis)

1682908.jpg

date wheel from WSO, ive decided not to make a roulette date sub

how is it? whats better? what would you buy?

d7ff_12.JPG

lastly... is a 2836 acceptable for this model? i know these watches are 28,8K bph but i cant help but notice people building tudors try and source a 2784, is this for completeness or is there some function that is slightly different with these? as far as i can tell the movements are similar in function.

:good:

I think the 2784 is desired as it is the "correct" movement but If that doesn't concern you then the 2836 is great. The font on that DW is different from those in my PD Chrono and Oysterdate

The serifs for the numbers on the DW are very important. That is what makes or breaks the build if you're going for authenticity.

The dial shown here looks like one on eBay sold by manhand. Be careful with pricing and the date window looks "off" You can always get the Yuki dial/hands for not too much and will fit just like stock.

E