When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats a reasonable time for HKTAN strap?

greekgod

Hello guys, I would need some info from the older members or some who have dealt with Aaron before. I think this thread would answer a lot of questions which many members in a similar situation as me, would have.

So how long does it generally take to get a strap from Aaron. its been two weeks for me and I have been told to wait another 2 weeks!!! This in my opinion is unacceptable. And with all due respect to Aaron from the bottom of my heart, this is eventually a business. One pays for services and one receives. One pay premium one receives premium.

Your comments please.

Hello guys, I would need some info from the older members or some who have dealt with Aaron before. I think this thread would answer a lot of questions which many members in a similar situation as me, would have.

So how long does it generally take to get a strap from Aaron. its been two weeks for me and I have been told to wait another 2 weeks!!! This in my opinion is unacceptable. And with all due respect to Aaron from the bottom of my heart, this is eventually a business. One pays for services and one receives. One pay premium one receives premium.

Your comments please.

Aaron has a history of taking up to several months to fulfil orders, but always comes through. I would suggest that if you are not prepared for that, that you should seek an alternative strap maker in future. This is in now way a reflection on you, or on him, but it takes what it takes. You should have done your homework before complaining here mate.

Its not a complaint mate if you read the thread correctly..I know how to complaint and rest assured I will not start a thread for that but will follow the standard protocol.. and if you wish to know the fact I was told on the 5th when I made the payment, in writing, that it would take 8 days for the strap to arrive!!

Anyways its not too different that asking which colour strap to buy, as asking how long it normally takes to get it?

GreekGod has a legitimate question, he's simply asking what other forum members have experienced.

Been close to 4 weeks for me waiting for my strap to be shipped from HKTan. I was initially told that it would ship the following week after the order, then inquired about it again 2 weeks later and was told next week. I asked again this week and was told it would ship this week, but as of right now, I have nothing stating it has been shipped. Maybe it has, maybe it hasn't. But im sure that it one of the watch dealers had the same level of service, there would be threads abound crying foul.

I do not mind the waiting, from what I have seen of his work, its well worth the wait. However, a person does expect a reasonably honest answer from a merchant he has spent hard earned dollars with. If it will take 6 weeks, say 6 weeks, I know where to temper my expectations.

I have ordered straps from at least 4 other dealers and got every one of them within 2 weeks, most well within a week.

No complaints here, just stating the facts.

• Like 1

Well, I don't questions HKtan not being legit. But I do feel he often lies about the time when a strap will be done. Heard many stories about this.

He runs a business, and wants to keep everyone happy, so he says 2 weeks, and everything is jolly.. Until the 2 weeks are up, and he realize he was way to optimistic.

I've ordered a strap, he said 2 weeks. I mailed him back, asked if this was really a legit time, he answered "yes, I guarantee". That's not just a promise, it's a legit guarantee he'll have it done in 2 weeks. That's what I paid for.

Anyway. Im not one to rant, I have my patience. The 2 weeks are up, but we'll see how much extra time I'll have to endour. But as GreenHornet says, it's better to be honest about wait times, since it'll just bite you in the ass when people will get the wrong impression after too many faults about that.

• Like 1

Yes I agree that's another issue too. However there has always been a bit of ambiguity about his shipment times... Lets just hope everyone gets their stuff soon. I know Fleet and myself pretty much ordered around the exact same date so it should be around. Perhaps with that we could estimate others wait time.

Like you I was told it will be shipped same week and i will have it in the next 8 days!

Yes I agree that's another issue too. However there has always been a bit of ambiguity about his shipment times... Lets just hope everyone gets their stuff soon. I know Fleet and myself pretty much ordered around the exact same date so it should be around. Perhaps with that we could estimate others wait time.

Like you I was told it will be shipped same week and i will have it in the next 8 days!

Yeah, that's not great business practice. He does come through, I have one of his PAM croc straps and it's superb. Probably one of the highest quality straps I own :)

Good luck getting your straps fellas, hope they arrive soon :)

I agree, the quality of his work is superb, thats the reason I chose to order from him. And I have confidence that he will eventually ship the strap, not worried about that. I have no reason to believe he won't come through with a top notch product as aslways.

But that doesn't change the fact that it's a royal pain in the butt to be given bogus delivery dates. I would have been more than satisfied if he stated up front there is a 6, 8, 12 week backlog, or what ever the true time period may be.

That being said, I'm looking forward to the strap to complete my AP Montauk Highway. Everytime I look at the rep strap, I know the HKTan is going to make that watch look so much better.