When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TW best slight mods that make this watch POP!

irolexu

So this is my second TW best and I opted to make this one my GRAIL! BK's WM9 SL hands and dial, noob bracelet with correct hollow mid-links, TW clasp assembly, Crystal adjusted with taller gasket for better crystal rise and date mag, and gen parts possibly coming in. I feel like this is the best this sub can get with out putting GEN parts on it. Only thing I can think of that would improve this watch is better SEL fit but I am not sure how I can achieve that at the moment. My last TW my watchmaker installed gen spring barks which indeed made the SEL fit a lot better. I am hunting hard for a GEN crystal for a 16610 submariner if any one ever sees one let me know! thanks for reading and check out the pics!

post-38265-0-78072600-1321648883.jpg

post-38265-0-39152200-1321649304.jpg

post-38265-0-33763400-1321649599.jpg

post-38265-0-64707600-1321649688.jpg

post-38265-0-92577000-1321649771.jpg

post-38265-0-10442700-1321650096.jpg

I am also waiting for a noob bracelet to try on my tw..What do you mean about the Sel fit??Isn't it tight??Because the small sel's of the noob bracelet are correct but if it isn't tight it is a problem..Did you try the original spring bars the tw came with??they are fatter then the noob's...

Also consider to put a gen crown except than insert and crystal....It will correct a little bit the CG's which look so big..

Edited by giobo

I am also waiting for a noob bracelet to try on my tw..What do you mean about the Sel fit??Isn't it tight??Because the small sel's of the noob bracelet are correct but if it isn't tight it is a problem..Did you try the original spring bars the tw came with??they are fatter then the noob's...

Also consider to put a gen crown except than insert and crystal....It will correct a little bit the <acronym title='Crown Guard'>CG</acronym>'s which look so big..

Gen crown is on the to do list and there's a gold and silver shop that works on Rolex they love my TW so they work on it and they made the last one so that bracelet was a perfect fit I guess they use huge spring bars not sure.