When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tauchmeister 1937

Goofy

Well, I decided to buy one even though it is a quartz. Just liked the look and got a good price on it.

http://www.watchstore24.de/product_info.ph...269&language=en

BTW Aeromatic/Tauchmeister is looking for a new watchmaker in the U.S. Seems the guy they have now is having health problems. This may be right up the alley of some of our folks as I believe they use some Asian movements. Anyway, it could be a nice little piece of side business. Let me know if you want their contact information.

Edited by Goofy

@Goofy - which one did you get?

Nice lookers there - not well known in the U.S. market..

I like the Observer Officer.

Life is Good!

Klink

Well, I decided to buy one even though it is a quartz. Just liked the look and got a good price on it.

http://www.watchstore24.de/product_info.ph...269&language=en

BTW Aeromatic/Tauchmeister is looking for a new watchmaker in the U.S. Seems the guy they have now is having health problems. This may be right up the alley of some of our folks as I believe they use some Asian movements. Anyway, it could be a nice little piece of side business. Let me know if you want their contact information.

Awesome watch Goofy.

With some awesome history. If you find a watch such as this that you like please share it again. And don't worry about accuracy of the rep or other such stuff. If it looks good to you on your wrist, it is a good watch!

As Colonel Klink says "Life is Good!"

Uh, I guess that would be Colonel Genreral with his new sig.

Enjoy!

Here are replies I made to a thread on RWG1 back in Nov/Dec 2004.

wastel,

I have an Aero- bought off ebay when they were selling there- they could be picked up for $30- $60. If you do a search you will find a fair bit of info.

Actually I bought 2 and sold one to Flip- think he's still happy with his!

My research revealed they were an old German company that was recently taken over. I beleive the movements are now sourced out of Asia ( maybe other bits too!) So they are a "genuine" replica- although they then make these " replicas" of their original 1940's watches- dunno what that makes them!!!

But mine is still running well- is waterproof- has a guarantee- looks great- ( I wear it a fair bit - although my model is a big mutha- and I have tiny wrists)

Is this a tribute watch- to the original company?? don't really comprehend where these sit in the scheme of things.

Maybe Neo can give us his take- maybe even come up with the correct classification for these. ( Or a new title)

Offshore

AND

Looks like the Aeromatic company may have "amalgamated' with Steinhausen as well! This looks strikingly similar to the Aeros and Trias running around on Ebay- Note the winder......... We know that they are using Chinese movements- it would be obvious to use the same cases for a "rebrand" job.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...item=4941683305

The only thing that bugs me with all this is the marketing ploy- " this is a reproduction of OUR classic watch from 19** " These guys only bought the name last week- now they are producing tribute watches with Asian movements(at best) and passing them off as "vintage' ( To those who don't read the fine print) or "Tribute" watches of OUR former manufacture.

Steinhausen are in the market with a bunch of watch winders as well.......One can only guess at their Country of Origin !!!!!!!

I'm not knocking Chinese sourcing- far from it- but when European "quality" is being used to market ( At maybe a much overinflated price) and Asian product is supplied, one has to question the " Country of manufacture" issue.

Ask the question of exactly what european content is in all this- we'll never know- it could be as little as stickers and wrapping- or even worse- telephone no's for a drop shipper!

(BTW- I am super happy with my aero- just wonder about the ethics of all this??)

What are others feelings on this matter???

Our German friends especially??

I know I am not happy when I see all the Australian souvenirs- Kangaroos-Boomerangs- Koalas- with "made in china" stickers. ( The only positive part of this is that we sell them to Asian tourists- to take back!!)

There are a raft of posts on RWG1 if you search Aeromatic- hope the above gives you an insight.

Willith has/had one as well. Not a bad bit of kit- I still have mine- wear it from time to time- The thing I enjoy most is winding it- Beautiful feel- takes me back to my youth- when I had to wind my watch every morning- and this one is just so smoooooth!

Offshore