When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DIY pusher modding

gaizka

It was me who wrote that.

The easiest way to shave the pushers is when they are spinning.

So it really doesn't matter if it's done with a Dremel or with a regular drill.

You just need to be sure not to over-tighten it because the pusher tubes are fragile.

Realy funny to see that the dealers used another idea from me.

FIrst they copied my date wheel fix for the Big Pilot and now they are shaving the pushers as well?

It was me who wrote that.

The easiest way to shave the pushers is when they are spinning.

So it really doesn't matter if it's done with a Dremel or with a regular drill.

You just need to be sure not to over-tighten it because the pusher tubes are fragile.

Realy funny to see that the dealers used another idea from me.

FIrst they copied my date wheel fix for the Big Pilot and now they are shaving the pushers as well?

...sounds like you should contract yourself out as-"modification consultant"

The would be great for the delaers to add to their sales pitch. After all the 1:1 ,Gen used as example, etc language, now they could say;

"expert mod consultant reviewed and approved" B)

• 2 weeks later...

you can easily do the mod without a dremel. Just remove the pushers and lay a piece of fine sandpaper down and take the pusher in your fingers and lightly take it over the paper to sand down the edge and round it off. Go slow and light and you wont mess it up

I didn't want to use a dremel cuz it's easy to slip and hit the case or shave off too much rubber

you can easily do the mod without a dremel. Just remove the pushers and lay a piece of fine sandpaper down and take the pusher in your fingers and lightly take it over the paper to sand down the edge and round it off. Go slow and light and you wont mess it up

I didn't want to use a dremel cuz it's easy to slip and hit the case or shave off too much rubber

I want to try that but I dont know how to remove the pushers...I saw a pics of some pushers disassembled, it looked like they unscrewed directly from the case?

If not, I really dont want to open case and remove movement to get to the pushers. :unsure:

Any idea what size Fine sandpaper would work best?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...