When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Franken Super Avenger, brushed case, white dial

Crocodile

I haven't spent to much time here but I wanted to share a recently finished project :) It's been gone long enough to forget how much I loved it, and now it has a Gen dial and bezel, even better!! This is my first Franken build and what a perfect watch!! I sent this to Smidsy a few months back after brushing the case and received it back yesterday. The watch is a V3 from puretime, the dial was sourced on eBay and Smidsy sourced the bezel. Whatever Smidsy does with the bezel is amazing!! It's tight, clicks properly and is perfectly aligned. One of my good friends has a Gen of this exact watch and his bezel doesn't feel this good. He also regulated the movement for perfect time keeping!

I've always loved my SA Blacksteel but was reluctant to get a white dial because I'm not a big fan of highly polished watches. I was able to find my favorite Gen dial before i even bought the watch. I decided to order a V3 and brush the case, once I got it I popped the bezel off and brushed it up, then sent it off to Smidsy. Perfect!!! The next mod will probably be an AR job due to some scratches but it can wait, this watch isn't coming off my wrist for a long time :)

For those interested, the watch at puretime is around $330 with shipping, I got the dial for $270, you can contact Smidsy about his prices ;), the laser cut buckle was $45. Have a look....

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0455.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

My 'Sideline' strap is such a great match, it feels like an old bomber jacket..

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0551.jpg

Edited by Crocodile

hi Croc...welcome to RWG...

watch is gorgeous...i picked up a gen dial from Smidsy, too - a steelfish one...he's great to work with...

i also brushed one of my skyland avengers...it makes a world of difference and is one of my favorite avengers...

a couple questions: 1) what did you use or the process to brush your case?...did you brush the bracelet, too?, 2) how did you remove the bezel?...tools, processes?...

thanks for sharing and once again welcome to RWG...

wear the SA well!

R-

Thank you hackR, I'm glad to see another fan of brushed Breitlings! I used a 'scratch removing' sponge and some fine sand paper. The bezel came off quite easily, slid a small screw driver between it and the case and it just popped off! Getting it back on was left to the pro. I'm not into the bracelets either as I wear the straps I make and prefer leather and large buckles, all Panerai like!!

A non polished SA,please do not mess with a work of art. Plenty of ugly watches out there,they all start with "pam"..... :(

Heresy!! I'm not a fan of shiny things, those are left for my girl ;) If Breitling made a Titanium SA I would be selling all my reps to by my idea of a perfect watch!!

Edited by Crocodile

Thank you hackR, I'm glad to see another fan of brushed Breitlings!

one of my favorite Breitlings is the Blackbird...its brushed bracelet is one of the best...i am fortunate to own a "variety" of avengers, so i decided to brush one...case and bracelet, using a very fine grit sanding pad...it really presents the watch in a whole new light...less blingy for sure...but then again, i do enjoy wearing my avenger franken that is polished to the max...different looks are a good thing!...

96932676.jpg

66807345.jpg

55419403.jpg