When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fixing hand stack on GMTIIc

patrickhab123

Thank you for the quick response! That is what I thought, just wanted to verify. Yes, I believe the 24-hour hand is on the bottom of the rep I recently purchased from a fellow forum-member here. I have not received it yet but from the pictures that is how it looks (if interested it is the "GMT LN" with green datewheel overlay on the sales forum that I purchased). In that case, is there anyone who will swap out movements for you on here etc? I guess a modder/watchsmith.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the quick response! That is what I thought, just wanted to verify. Yes, I believe the 24-hour hand is on the bottom of the rep I recently purchased from a fellow forum-member here. I have not received it yet but from the pictures that is how it looks (if interested it is the "GMT LN" with green datewheel overlay on the sales forum that I purchased). In that case, is there anyone who will swap out movements for you on here etc? I guess a modder/watchsmith.

Thanks again!

It's not a simple swap, and it will at least double the price of your watch.

You'd need a CHS movement, hands, and probably dial. The only way to get them is to buy the complete GMT IIc CHS from Angus or someone else. I've never seen pics with the dial off so I don't know for sure if a DWO will work with it or not.

You're looking at ~$300 in parts and labor probably, for a less-reliable movement. You can of course sell your old watch and recoup some of that.