When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What to do if I specifically ask for V2 but receive V3 Slyland?

greekgod

lol Well Wimpie .. its the watch you saw in the QC section and you even commented on it.

Thing is I haven't received it yet. The TD says he has send exactly what I purchased from the website.. and on the website I definitely clicked on the 'Skyland Ultimate V2'. Well I have receipt from the site. I have a feeling I was quietly send whatever was in the stock!

Assuming that it is one of the main dealers here and you are confident the QC pics are of the wrong watch you should reach out to him and let him know that the piece in the pictures is unacceptable and why. If you have pics of what you want send it to him. Just make sure you let him know in whatever the allotted time period the dealer specified when he sent you the QC pics. If you do that and he sends it out anyhow than you are justified either asking for a refund (depending on the dealer it may or may not be possible) or ordering a different piece. You also need to be sure that you and the dealer have the same idea as to what a V2 is. Be forewarned that if you do nothing within the allotted time period to reject the watch it is then entirely his call. Obviously if you have bought from the dealer in the past that will be helpful.

Thanks W,

Well the thing is he sent me the QC pics and I OKed it however noticed it later that the typical "1"s on the bezel which make it distinguishable from V3 were not there! and also a few people commented on the picture put in the QC section of repgeek and they said it was V3 (I put the QC pics on only after I OKed them as its a condition of sale). Also the link on his website which I clicked to "buy" the watch said "ultimate V2"

The dealer is a very trusted dealer and I have dealt with him before. He is probably in the top 2-3 TDs.

If you approved it you are at the mercy of the dealer. To be frank you are supposed to know what you are ordering. In fairness I do understand your frustration as you specified a particular version which it sounds like it isn't. Your only hope is that because the transaction is with one of the more established dealers he may cut you some slack. I know you know all this. So I would beg. :)

FYI: There's no "official rep numbering institute" or anything like that.

A V3 is what we at the forums have decided to call one particular variation of some watch. There is absolutely no guarantee that the dealer uses the same nomenclature. It could easily just be a misunderstanding in good faith.

FYI: There's no "official rep numbering institute" or anything like that.

A V3 is what we at the forums have decided to call one particular variation of some watch. There is absolutely no guarantee that the dealer uses the same nomenclature. It could easily just be a misunderstanding in good faith.

I think thats what has happened here..however I thing the new V3 is a brilliant watch..only issue is that it cost me $80 more!! and I need to know how to shorten the bracelet