When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ap montauk highway (black rubber strap)

Mr Z

just thought id share a few pics of my ap montauk highway with black rubber strap .. its a very versatile watch when it comes to wearing it with diffident colour strap .. so i thought id give it a go with the black rubber OEM ..i think it looks great but i still think white is my Favorite so far 2nd the horn-back and the black last .. im sure there will be a split in opinions.. ive post some pics s and will do so compare pics with all 4 colours side by side !!

Z

PC120096.jpg

PC120098.jpg

PC120099-Copy.jpg

PC120104.jpg

PC120106.jpg

PC120108.jpg

PC120112.jpg

PC120117.jpg

PC120119.jpg

PC120120.jpg

PC120122.jpg

PC120126.jpg

PC120127.jpg

all 4 compare

allthe4compare.jpg

• Like 1

yes i do like the hornback ... its s very classy look .. but for some reason every since i put it on the very loud look at me strap .. just loving it ... its back on the white now . was just seeing how it looked as looks good to .. so ill keep gen on hornback and rep on white ++++ im having a custom made montauk highway made .. its a few weeks away will post pics as soon as it lands """"

Z

yes i do like the hornback ... its s very classy look .. but for some reason every since i put it on the very loud look at me strap .. just loving it ... its back on the white now . was just seeing how it looked as looks good to .. so ill keep gen on hornback and rep on white ++++ im having a custom made montauk highway made .. its a few weeks away will post pics as soon as it lands """"

Z

Zorro,

What are the details of your custom MH? What all are you having done?

A really great review. Thanks!

What's the strap width please. I want to research replacements before my Monty arrives.

... looking at buying a gen part-hide to work on.

Edited by seriph

A really great review. Thanks!

What's the strap width please. I want to research replacements before my Monty arrives.

... looking at buying a gen part-hide to work on.

its 32mm my friend .. if u need to know anything else plz just ask !!!

I am sure you will Zorro... you will however share the secret after you put the pic up yeah???

as soon as i get the qc pics and its all cleared to ship the moment it lands and ive decided which strap looks best on it will post pics ... but it will not be totally finished as everything i asked for cannot be done with the dealer so have to send it to a friend to finish it off !!

Hi again folks - spent the day in town and saw a few nice items ... several nice Vacheron Constantin (most looked like they were rep Breguets!) and Raymond Weil watches but no AP's - I resisted going in to Watches of Switzerland which took some effort

:D

ZORRO - thanks for letting me know the width of the strap .... 32mm is pretty wide!

- thinking about making a strap that has two 'horns' side by side but would like a correct replica with central horn to kick things off.

Hi again folks - spent the day in town and saw a few nice items ... several nice Vacheron Constantin (most looked like they were rep Breguets!) and Raymond Weil watches but no AP's - I resisted going in to Watches of Switzerland which took some effort

:D

ZORRO - thanks for letting me know the width of the strap .... 32mm is pretty wide!

- thinking about making a strap that has two 'horns' side by side but would like a correct replica with central horn to kick things off.

your very welcome where u based my friend .. can send u my rep crappy horn back ...if u like ?

Zorro - that would be brilliant mate ...... that way I can do a 1:1 rep .... we live in Kilmore, near Melbourne Australia - unfortunately our little corner of the world came to fame in 2009 when the world exploded around us in fire - 3 minutes from our place is where the Black Saturday fires started .... 2600 homes lost - millions of wildlife lost - 173 good and decent people gone forever and lives changed in untold ways ...

But humans are infinitely adaptable so we rebuild as best as we can - we are very grateful our home was spared .... the vagaries of wind change saved us and our township, but it ripped through others which from time to time and understandably, quietens our joy, but never our spirit.

Just want to add: Though many lives were lost, the world rallied during that time and the largest NON GOVERNMENT donations in Australian history were made to the victims of those fires. Donations flowed in from around the world and for that (and many other blessings) we remain eternally grateful.

Z

your very welcome where u based my friend .. can send u my rep crappy horn back ...if u like ?

Zorro - that would be brilliant mate ...... that way I can do a 1:1 rep .... we live in Kilmore, near Melbourne Australia - unfortunately our little corner of the world came to fame in 2009 when the world exploded around us in fire - 3 minutes from our place is where the Black Saturday fires started .... 2600 homes lost - millions of wildlife lost - 173 good and decent people gone forever and lives changed in untold ways ...

But humans are infinitely adaptable so we rebuild as best as we can - we are very grateful our home was spared .... the vagaries of wind change saved us and our township, but it ripped through others which from time to time and understandably, quietens our joy, but never our spirit.

MAte I have the crappy rep bracelet and can send it to you too if you wish ....just waiting on my HKTAN ...