When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

359 Case back

panermaniac

I think you lads really need to ask yourselves if the rep game is really for you. Firstly don't look at the back , if you were allergic to peanuts would you still eat them. Secondly do you really only own one Panerai? Why can't you just try a Luminor case back from an 005 or similar and see. It should fit.

Thanks for your input but I don't really understand your comparison to peanut allergies. It's not as if I hate the whole watch, just one small part of it.

I love chocolate chip cookies and I really hate raisins but sometimes people sneak raisins in with the chocolate chips (for some ungodly reason, I suppose) but I will still eat them, I just don't love the cookies as much as I would if they weren't there. It's the same with the 359.

I am not a fan of glass case backs on any watch. I have had two break on my wrists (and still have the scars to prove it), one in a motorcycle accident and one when a guy jumped me at an MMA tournament here in Taiwan. In regard to the 359, I don't understand why you'd want to display a movement that has so many tells.

Having said all that, I love the 359 and unfortunately at the moment it is my only PAM. Actually, I have a few older, crappy reps from a trip to Thailand 7 years ago but the case backs are horrible. If you (or any other generous member) would like to send me some Pannies, I would be very appreciative.

thanks again

I would suggest buying something from JacksonTse mate ... he does the 44mm fiddy casebacks closed but they are blank (Homage)... but if you wanted to go a little further then ask Jakob to engrave it for you... pricey but solves the issue of the blank if that bothers you too... you could just ask for an auto engraving with a ghost or shadow millesimation...