When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vlydog

A recently found a crown I had been searching for at a jeweler. (online)

When the crown arrived the blister pack was open but the crown appeared to be in new condition.

When I asked about this the jeweler replied:

"In some cases Rolex sends duplicate parts in one container. We have no choice, when selling one at a time, but to open the package.

Be assured that these are original and genuine Rolex parts."

Is this true? Has anyone heard this before?

Thanks!

No manufacturer is going to put 2 or more metal parts in the same container, especially Rolex, and have the parts beat up and scratched from hitting each other.

Even movement parts are supplied 1 each in their individual blister packs.

Call BS on this one...

Open blister pack = questionable part. Hence the reason they are in sealed packs, to be able to validate the origin.

All genuine rolex crowns I have seen in sealed blister packs contained one crown only.

I have a few new crowns in original packaging that have been opened but they are genuine rolex parts that came from a 'friendly' rolex AD who did this because opened new parts = used parts as far as they were concerned and they would let me have a 'used' part now and then.

Nos crowns from a supply house may show up two to a package but the packaging is probably not going to be the same as what rolex used. A long time ago (before rolex went 'Hagar the Horrible'), crowns, tubes, crystals, and many internal parts were available from Bestfit etc...some in original packaging, some not.

I can use an opened 'new' crown for a replacement during repair but would have trouble selling it as 'new' in an opened package.

Why?

Because you have to open the package to install the new crown and new is new ('new' = unused/unmarked).

You would not open the package if you plan to sell the crown alone as new.

I have heard of fake crowns for sale in unopened look-alike rolex blister packs but have never seen one. A member (can't remember who it was) told me a year or so back that he was pretty sure he had one (7mm sub mono) and it came from eBay.

If they can make a 95% case...they can make a 95% crown. B)