When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Skyland is here! But how do I shorten the steel bracelet?

greekgod

HI guys need some help plz. I ordered a Skyland from Andrew which arrived today.. very good looking watch but way too loose for me.. is there a tutorial on how I could shorten the bracelet.

Good choice :) I've recently purchased one myself and I love it!

I do not know of any guides but maybe this one could help:

Again, I am no expert and not sure about this, but it might help :)

Good luck!

Hey Kontic.. thats exactly how its done .. thanks very much mate ..cheers...so how do u find ur Skyland?? I am a bit disappointed coz i find it a bit small :(

I find it very nice! The AR is awesome... really get that "where's the crystal" feeling... Regarding the size, I am happy that it wears smaller than expected. I expected it to be much larger, and would it have looked larger on my wrist I would've probably sold it again. I have a 7 inch wrist. Used to have a UPO 45mm, and because of the lugs I found it too large for my wrist (even though everyone told me it wasn't too large). However, the Skyland is perfect, even though its a lot thicker.

I guess it's all about personal preferences. Personally I prefer watches that are thick but not over 45mm, such as Skyland, DSSD, etc. Also, I like the Skyland much more on a strap than bracelet. Particularly on the ocean racer rubber strap :)

What dial did you get? I love the grey dial, but I have a black one. Probably will switch to a grey dial sometime in the future :)

Thats true mate its all about personal preference..I got it on the steel bracelet and black dial... I have read a couple of reviews that grey look very nice... however coz I couldn't really see it in reality before I bought I found sticking with black to be safe. I love the thickness as you said probably if the face of the watch was a little broader it wud have been great .. which brings me to think if a super avenger is a better option !

Thats true mate its all about personal preference..I got it on the steel bracelet and black dial... I have read a couple of reviews that grey look very nice... however coz I couldn't really see it in reality before I bought I found sticking with black to be safe. I love the thickness as you said probably if the face of the watch was a little broader it wud have been great .. which brings me to think if a super avenger is a better option !

Then I guess the Super Avenger might be a better option for you my friend ;-)

I also did not have the opportunity to test it out prior to ordering one. What's the quality of the bracelet like? Is it very 'shiny'? :)

Then I guess the Super Avenger might be a better option for you my friend ;-)

I also did not have the opportunity to test it out prior to ordering one. What's the quality of the bracelet like? Is it very 'shiny'? :)

The bracelet looks shiny and matches the watch as a gen would match a gen watch... so its pretty good... I find it to be little light and I guess they could have done a better job there .. however as far as the visual appearance goes its very good. The watch itself feels gen right away as you may know ..but the feel of the bracelet is a bit light ..

Congratulations on the Skyland gg..fantastic rep.

I agree with Kontic...If you like a bigger watch go for the Super Avenger...I have had three of them...really nice reps...especially now that they have a much Improved (thicker) Pro2 bracelet.

At 48.4mm/18.6mm they are a substanital watch to be sure. You could always sell your Skyland later if you wish... being that except for size they are the same watch.

Enjoy your new rep. :)

Mike

Congratulations on the Skyland gg..fantastic rep.

I agree with Kontic...If you like a bigger watch go for the Super Avenger...I have had three of them...really nice reps...especially now that they have a much Improved (thicker) Pro2 bracelet.

At 48.4mm/18.6mm they are a substanital watch to be sure. You could always sell your Skyland later if you wish... being that except for size they are the same watch.

Enjoy your new rep. :)

Mike

Thanks mike... I like you thoughts.. hehe 'Super' -Skyland is next ..lol ..so when u say u had 3 Skylands do u mean 3 of the same verison but diff colour or different versions?? can you tell which one you liked he most??

Thanks mike... I like you thoughts.. hehe 'Super' -Skyland is next ..lol ..so when u say u had 3 Skylands do u mean 3 of the same verison but diff colour or different versions?? can you tell which one you liked he most??

Lol.. I guess my comments were a little confusing.

I've had three Super Avengers..a white battons a black arabic numeral and a blue with white sub dial arabic numeral.....I kept the blue dial.

I will probably pick up another white dial some day...I think they look awesome on the bracelet..I also think there one of the best looking watches on a leather strap.

This Is the one I have.

Again...congratulations on the Skyland. :)

Mike

post-19368-0-97772900-1323011235.jpg