When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tudor Fans - Let's see 'em

redwatch

• 1 month later...

Super Tudors! where can i get a no date tudor rose dial from! Any help would be appreciated i want to build a tudor sub next!

Aero, maybe contact Jmb and see if he can make a dial for you. I don't know if he's doing them now but you can ask.

Here's the one he made me.

36abf231.jpg

Aero, maybe contact Jmb and see if he can make a dial for you. I don't know if he's doing them now but you can ask.

Here's the one he made me.

36abf231.jpg

Thanks woof! great watch! i have ordered two today before i saw your post ! but i will keep it in mind i usually go round collecting parts and storing them for future projects or passing them on i ordered a rose black dial and a blue-ish rose dial with round raised markers the blue one im not sure what type of case to use i assume merc handset the site called it a snowflake dial but as i said it has round markers

post-27094-0-48332500-1347897477_thumb.j

post-27094-0-21769100-1347900246_thumb.j

Well now we are on the subject of tudors i wonder if my christmas bonus will buy me this brand new tudor heritage

disclaimer : This photo is taken off the official tudor heritage website ( i did not mean to hijack the photo)

well its modern but with a truly vintage feel! shame rolex should take a leaf out of tudors book and make a new 6538 submariner

but then again it would be built the size of a deepsea (no offence intended to dssd fans) and a saphire crystal nice to see a new vintage watch with dome crystal !

Thanks woof! great watch! i have ordered two today before i saw your post ! but i will keep it in mind i usually go round collecting parts and storing them for future projects or passing them on i ordered a rose black dial and a blue-ish rose dial with round raised markers the blue one im not sure what type of case to use i assume merc handset the site called it a snowflake dial but as i said it has round markers

I ordered the same dial, thought I put it in a silix 6538 case, change the bezel and have black bay prototype. Unfortunately I received a regular snowflake dial as stated in the text on the site. I mailed them and got an answer that they will address the issue as soon as they return from vacation. I hope you got the right one or have they just put the wrong picture to the text?

I ordered the same dial, thought I put it in a silix 6538 case, change the bezel and have black bay prototype. Unfortunately I received a regular snowflake dial as stated in the text on the site. I mailed them and got an answer that they will address the issue as soon as they return from vacation. I hope you got the right one or have they just put the wrong picture to the text?

I have emailed them when i ordered to confirm what i want but no reply yet i will send another one with the photo ! Many thanks!

Hanx A black bay prototype here is a super case to use and make something classy bezel is totally different but totally cool! if i get the right dial i will build it with an eta 2824-2 and that sterile crown mabe get it engraved to look like the bay!

post-27094-0-58919300-1347942384_thumb.j

Hanx A black bay prototype here is a super case to use and make something classy bezel is totally different but totally cool! if i get the right dial i will build it with an eta 2824-2 and that sterile crown mabe get it engraved to look like the bay!

Sounds like a great plan! Where would you have the crown engraved?

Sounds like a great plan! Where would you have the crown engraved?

i would get a local jewlery engraver to do the wotk working with a photo of the bb crown but even a plain crown would be ok with me!

Hanx i have not had a reply from raffles yet, you said they were on vacation? have they sorted out your dial? im starting to get worried!

Hanx i have not had a reply from raffles yet, you said they were on vacation? have they sorted out your dial? im starting to get worried!

I asked him to send the correct dial, here is his answer:

I am very sorry. I will do that next week. I am on holiday now.

Ken

This was sent sept 10. I´m getting a little worried aswell. I will mail him now.

I asked him to send the correct dial, here is his answer:

I am very sorry. I will do that next week. I am on holiday now.

Ken

This was sent sept 10. I´m getting a little worried aswell. I will mail him now.

i have send around a 100usd for parts my watchmaker friend ordered from him with no problems but that was on ebay over 3 days no reply.

• 3 months later...

I was bit by the Tudor bug about a month ago, here's some builds:

tudor1.jpg

Cartel case, bracelet, ETA 2846 with Yuki Tudor Rotor, Yuki dial and hands, rep bracelet, Clark T-19. I tried to install a gen crown and Clarks tube, but snapped the tube during installation :bangin:  So the Cartel one will have to do for now...

rangerb.jpg

My Ranger build. Tudor 9052 case, Seagull 2824, Yuki Dial and hands, Hirsh Lizard strap, Rolex buckle. This one needs a little work. The date doesn't snap over perfectly so I have to tinker around with it.

bluerk.jpg

A work in progress. The case is a DW case for ebay, unfortunately the dial is a shade too small for it, probably because it's meant for a 1680 dial. The dial is from ebay, as are the hands, blue insert is from WSO, powered by an Asian 2836.

• Like 1

I was bit by the Tudor

A work in progress. The case is a DW case for ebay, unfortunately the dial is a shade too small for it, probably because it's meant for a 1680 dial. The dial is from ebay, as are the hands, blue insert is from WSO, powered by an Asian 2836.

Super builds ! im building a blue flake no date i got the dial from ebay mhand and ordered the insert from   wso but the insert is too dark/purple/blue and does not match the dial your insert looks like it matches the dial ? i had to install a small thin stainless steel ring under the rehaunt in the 1680 case as the dial is 26mm and a little to small

Edited by aeromatic

Thanks guys! I got my dial from mahand as well. He sent me the wrong first, the no-date dial, there is a difference in the colour of those two dials, the no-date seemed to be a lot lighter in colour. Stainless steel ring for the rehaut? Wish I thought of that! I just ordered another case set from DW, that he assured me would fit a 26mm dial...