When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Something different for Christmas

whoever

Hi all,

as i just grabbed this beauty as gift for my GF for Christmas, i thought i'd share, maybe somebody find some inspiration.

This is a beautiful Scheaffer fountain pen made in USA in the late 40s and 50s i think....and it works just fine, after all these years, writing is smooth as you can get it....!

Everything has been restored, pumping system etc, so let's hope she'll enjoy it, and that she stops stealing mine! ;)

Since handwriting is something we all tend to forget about..... :(

What do you think? I don't know if there are some experts around? Please feel free to give any comments?

cheers, and have a good weekend!

post-29734-0-77725700-1323533072.jpg

post-29734-0-94982400-1323533082.jpg

post-29734-0-35353600-1323533093.jpg

post-29734-0-91062800-1323533111.jpg

post-29734-0-23221000-1323533121.jpg

post-29734-0-32488600-1323533132.jpg

Edited by whoever

I agree with Mike... This is something different, very classy and useful at the same time.. Being a collector,,,Ten years I started collecting fountain pens

as an investment, as a close of friend of mine owns an online fountain pen business.

I listened to what he told me to buy, all in sealed boxes... I never opened one. Last year I sold the whole collection with a 40% profit. Not bad for not

knowing what I was doing...

I think she will love it. She needs to learn about Fountain Pens a little bit. They do need to be kept clean and maintained, especially an older gorgeous

pen like this..

Great Choice... ;)

MM

Those are great writers. My ex-father in law has a 1947 Sheaffer. It was valued at 425. There are several links richardspens.com & penhero.com ought to be very useful in IDing pens and possible dates of manufacture. Here is somemore info I found Sheaffer didn't have date codes on their pens, but generally speaking, the triumph nibs were introduced in the early 40's. These could be either vacuum or lever filled. Thinline (touchdowns) were introduced in '49, and snorkles in '52. Hope this helps you out.