When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New user, love Omega

knovako2

Good day, everyone!

I am very happy I came across this forum few days ago. tons of really helpful info here and people are very knowlegeble. It has been a while since I've been looking at Omega replicas and now finally I am ready to make the desision.

PO with black dial and black basel is my choice. The thing, can't deside on the size (42 or 45). I would like to go with the best quality option there is. Looks like Perfect Clones has it for $318.

From what I've read there is not much difference between 42 and 45, or is thre (besides the sze offcourse)? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

So, if I understand the buying process correctly, I just add the watch to the basket and proceed to checkout. Is there anything else I should do?

I am really new to this, and want to buy my first rep the right way and keep it working as long as I can.

I would greatly appreciate any info from your side.

Kirill

Well Knov,/2"

Sounds like you have looked around pretty good and landed in a good spot, Not only meaning

that you have are in the best watch forum in the world, you have also found one of the finest

dealers not just on this forum, but one of the finest in the business.

As far as 42 or 45mm is a personal judgement! I have a 6 1/2" and i would go with 45mm for my'

personal choice. Knov, if you want to understate and not have your watch stick out, go with the 42mm.

If you have a larger wrist as mine is small, go with the 45mm. This is just my opinion..

We all think differently here and I am sure others will chime in and give you their opinion.

You started off on the right track. First pick your Dealer, then pick your watch and have

done exactly that.

Welcome aboard, ask questions and stay involved and you will have a great time. This will

become your 2nd home, or maybe your first..;)

Cheers,

MM

Thanks a lot, mikellem. Size is not my primary concent. Quality is! Offcourse, if I would have spare 5k laying around, I'd go for the gen in a heartbeat )), but rep from the perfect clones semms like one of the better PO there is. Olso smaller version(42mm) looks a bit more "juicy" to me, if you know what I mean. It's not to say that I dont like the UPO :)

I have the 42mm PO from Andrew (pics and review http://www.rwg.cc/topic/140099-my-new-omega-seamaster-po-42mm/ ).

I'm happy with the size, I do not have small wrists and the watch has a nice presence without being ridiculously heavy and large.

Hi knovako2

welcome to the forum.

Like mikellem has said josh at perfect clones is a very good choice in dealers.he is the only dealer I have used and I cannot fault his service at all!!!! Great communication and fast reply.I ordered my reps and had them within 8-10 days.im in uk.I recently went for a 45mm planet ocean and smp chrono and they are amazing reps.the only real issue which most want to correct is the pearl on the bezel at 12. I will at some point get a genuine bezel and fit it to mine, this is another good feature of the latest upo rep that you can fit a lot of genuine parts to them.i too have small wrists and the 45mm upo fits and looks amazing.i cant take it off my wrist.here are the pics of my 45upo Qc pics.i haven't got any wrist shots on my iPad but I can upload one soon if need be.any questions please ask mate and I'll do my best to help.good luck buddy.

Ryan

9fa5904e.jpg

e1ac202a.jpg

ca48ed0d.jpg

b6a27a92.jpg

7582adc2.jpg

c4d30b08.jpg

4932d319.jpg

Thanks, Ryan. I must say, this is a beautiful timepiece you've got. It's also nice to know that gen and rep parts are interchangeble. One question to clear: QC pics of your watch, is it something they always give you after a checkout, or do you have to ask for them?

Kirill

You get them after you ordered and payed for the watch. If you're unsure you can post them in the forum here and we'll take a look at them to see if you missed anything. If there is a problem you talk to the dealer and he will fix it, otherwise after 24h the watch will be shipped out to you.

Thanks, Ryan. I must say, this is a beautiful timepiece you've got. It's also nice to know that gen and rep parts are interchangeble. One question to clear: QC pics of your watch, is it something they always give you after a checkout, or do you have to ask for them?

Kirill

Thanks buddy. It is deffinatly an amazing watch.i have since fitted gen crown and tube. You wont be disappointed with one. Not sure about other dealers but the day I payed for my watches from josh at perfect clones he sent me Qc pictures.i have heard that you can ask to see the watch working via video but have never seen myself,bear in mind I'm quite new to the rep world so I'm no expert.

The smp rep from perfect clones is also a great watch if you like your omegas.thus is a link to a thread I put up of mine.there is also so great reviews in the omega section of all best reps.

Ry

42 or 45 is such a common question with the planet ocean-and its really all about personal preference :) i found the 42 to be very understated, it sits snug on the wrist, hiding away awaiting the next time the wearer checks it-which it does with a quiet confidence...the 45 on the other hand does'nt hide, it screams at everyone "LOOK AT ME AND I SHALL TELL YOU THE TIME! NOW! LOOK! IM HERE!" well maybe not quite so dramatic but you get the idea (especially with the orange bezel version...).having owned both i can say the extra 3mm of the larger version actually equates to whole lotta watch...the 45 wears so much more bigger than the 42-especially on the bracelet-i changed the bracelet on my 45 to either a mesh or the original rubber strap to make it more wearable day to do. the best advice i would give is to go to an authorised dealer, say your interested but wanna check both sizes, try on both the 42 and 45 and decide which feels and looks nicer...then politley say you'll have a think over a cup of coffee, walk and out, and get ordering online ;) if you find you like both sizes and still cant decide...maybe get the 45 upo, then from the same site you mention get the 42mm asian 4813 version for just $148 extra...then you'll have best of both worlds! the upo is also superb for modding as pretty much all the genuine parts will fit, heres a pic of my big bright orange planet ocean, with genuine dial and hands, genuine bezel and rubber strap, my wrist is just over 7" and i prefer wearing my 45

404703_10151068045505433_766805432_22167984_626047444_n.jpg

I ended up getting both of them :) ordered the 42 from Josh at pc and absolutely love it! Its great for an understated look, I thought that the UPO would be too big for my wrist (it's a lot bigger in the flesh) but got it this week from Puretime and I'm in love :clap2: swapped out the great quality bracelet for leather deployment and I can wear this all day, not sure how many times I look at it and don't even see the time though!

Whichever you choose they are both great reps and the trusted dealers on here are excellent, buy with confidence.

Nice comparison, bamcky2k! :) I did go to a local store who sells Omega and I absolutely loved the 42mm PO. They didn't have 45mm UPO, but I think I made my decision - 42mm PO from pc it will be! Shipping price is a bummer thou - @ $55 makes me think: what am I really paying for? Anyways, as soon as I get QC pics, I'll show them to you guys!

Again, thank you much for such a valuable info!

Kirill

Nice pics, I may need to add a second PO to my 42mm. :g: But I would go for the Chrono which seems to be in great shape after the fix of the subdial spacing issue. I kinda wish I got my 42mm in black tho, as I desperately want the orange Chrono. But two orange watches :shock: . I'll have to decide, but first I'm getting a IWC Mark XVI in Jan. :clap2:

So, here we go guys! Here are the QC pics for 42mm PO.I could not find anything wrong with it, exept that the littel crystal in the triangle on the bazel is not centerred. But is this something they will be able to fix? What else can you tell from these pictures? Please advice!

Thank you!

Kirill

bezel alignment is an easy fix...although you could ask for it to be done and have new pics sent showing it more centered, it all looks fine-but to me the one thing standing out is the 6 o'clock lume marker-it looks wonky in every pic...pointing too much to the right.could just be angle and lighting though??

bezel alignment is an easy fix...although you could ask for it to be done and have new pics sent showing it more centered, it all looks fine-but to me the one thing standing out is the 6 o'clock lume marker-it looks wonky in every pic...pointing too much to the right.could just be angle and lighting though??

Thats what I thought bamcky2k the 6 looks a little off centre and maybe the 9 looks slightly mis aligned.

Can you remove the 12 o'clock lume dot on bezel and realign? If so I may try centralising mine.is it an easy mod?

As mentioned the pearl is way off and the 6 and 9 markers are a little crooked. I would ask for a one with a better pearl ( I have the orange 42mm from Andrew and my pearl is perfectly centered)

img0015wl.jpg

if your happy with the piece go for it buddy :) the lume markers do look soooo much better on this one! yes the pearl is ever so slightly off center but i could live with it, you can get aftermarket bezel inserts off ebay for as little as $15 with nice pearls anyway if you wanted to. -1 sec a day is pretty damn spot on for the timing! mine was +9 but has now settled down to +4...