When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 7032 screw down pusher question

gplracer

Im not saying this is the recommened way of doing this fix..but this is what I did on my Breitling SA.

I took a old tee shirt and saturated the tip of the the shirt with WD40...I squeezed just a little bit of the WD40 around the top pusher while the watch was "not running"....VERY IMPORTANT.

Then I pushed the pusher In and out... maybe 20-30 times. Not only did this fix the pusher..it has been problem fee for over a year now. I run the chronograph maybe once or twice a month.

But this might not be a good method..so I would wait to hear from some more experienced members before attempting anything.

Good luck.:)

Mike

Im not saying this is the recommened way of doing this fix..but this is what I did on my Breitling SA.

I took a old tee shirt and saturated the tip of the the shirt with WD40...I squeezed just a little bit of the WD40 around the top pusher while the watch was "not running"....VERY IMPORTANT.

Then I pushed the pusher In and out... maybe 20-30 times. Not only did this fix the pusher..it has been problem fee for over a year now. I run the chronograph maybe once or twice a month.

But this might not be a good method..so I would wait to hear from some more experienced members before attempting anything.

Good luck. :)

PS..Im sorry..I see your problem was a bit different than mine...but I feel that the above actions could still be effective. But do wait for more opinions/advice.

Mike

Thanks for the tip. The pusher pushes in fine. It is just really hard to unscrew and then screw back in.

Then use a little of the WD40 around the screws...sqweez a little like described up above around the screw threads/groves.. then screw them back and forth. I would think this would free them up a bit.

Give it a try and let me know what happens. Remember...you dont need to use much. Try to get the threads to the screw down pushers lightly coated with the WD40. Then counter and clock wise several times with the pusher.

This should do the trick.

Mike