When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSN 036 Titanium-good rep?

wguy

I'm relatively new to the replica watch scene. Got a question for our more experienced RWG members.

Been looking at the DSN 036 Titanium watch. Swiss 6497 winding movement $380. Seems like a pretty good price to me since it has a swiss movement. Looked at some pictures on the web and it seems fairly accurate but I don't know much about the quality/accuracy of this model from DSN.

How accurate is this as a replica? Polished gears are $100 more; is this necessary to make it look like the genuine? Any obvious "tells" that you can see with this watch? Hate to spend this much $$ on a watch that is not very close to the gen.

Thanks in advance for your help.

DSN is really great for parts, but complete watches, not so much. Some things will be great, like his crystals (but not his AR) or crown guards, and others will be maddeningly inaccurate. I understand his Ti cases are quite good.

I don't like his most recent dials. The lettering is far too rounded and the indices have these odd channels cut around them in what I can only assume is an attempt to mimic the sunken look of the older sausage dials' lume.

Edited by atomic_doug

New movement (the polished gears version), crown, hands and crown tube are excellent,

Dial is very good

Midcase sucks, the crown isn't even centered it sits noticeably high and winds crooked

I think the best one you can get at the moment.

Dial very good with small spacing between MILITA and RE (If you look carefully).

Polished gears for $100, if you want them.Yes gen 036 has polished gears.

Exelent (like gen) crown and crown spacing on DSN's new born peaces.

Crown guard could be replaced with Sead's A-F Ti CG, which is correct for this model.

Just pull the triger for this one.