When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Ladymatic

ammandel

Actually she loves the Ballon, but didn't fancy the fact that it has a closed case.

But maybe you're right, maybe I should take her to AD and try to "sell it". The thing is that I wanted the watch by mid Feb. (for a small celebration), as one of the presents, so I litteraly have no more than a day to deside, but in any case I'm glad I asked.

Thanks for all your help, Photogirl, and please update us on your Ballon DeCartier experience. There is so little information on ladies watches, so any piece of info is priceless. :)

adeo - the first thing you should do with almost any replica leather strap is throw it away and replace it with a first quality strap from one of the many forum strap makers or forum recommended strap makers, such as Orloff and Inspire Workshop

Apart from my mark xvi strap, which, each passing day, feels more and more solid, I absolutely agree. The problem with this Omega is that the strap has those metal... how do you call it?... thingies... and I'm sure no one makes them, so you'd have to send the strap and have it fitted, send back, etc.

That's correct, the metal thingies are the problem, changing the strap for a different one (which will be no closer to the finish of the gen one) is most likely not an option. So I'd go for the metal bracelet. I've not had a chance to compare the rep leather Ladymatic strap with a genuine one, but I'll report back when I do. I would describe the (black) rep leather strap as being very shiny and plasticky. The gen one is also shiny, but perhaps not so 'wet' looking.