When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Tank Francaise Full Size - Steel

Bainzey

I bought this, genuine Cartier Tank Francaise.

Just want to see what you think and how much its worth. Second hand with papers, box etc.

post-41619-0-18960000-1324997889.png

post-41619-0-26532300-1324997898.png

post-41619-0-97183800-1324997914.png

post-41619-0-45494400-1324997905.png

What do you reckon?

btw, I have just started collecting watches, looking into getting a rep after this!

Alex

I was pricing one of these for the ball and chain and most people on the gen forums try to get around 2K min for them. I bought my gen for $1600. I will soon be selling my rep with gen ETA 2000 mvt fully serviced for $800. (they come from our TD's for more, but the movements are usually way in need of service).

This is a good price, since they're over $4k new. If you get tired of it, I would be happy to buy it for what you paid.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I think I will try and sell it to dealers in London first for around £1,600 just to see what offers I get.

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind. I think I will try and sell it to dealers in London first for around £1,600 just to see what offers I get.

You're more likely to get a good price if you sold it directly, since the dealers would pad their offer to give them a healthy profit. Also, if you meant that you paid GBP 1300, then that sounds like a fair price, since that's about the $2000 that most people try to sell theirs for.

Edited by calatrava

I think it depends where you sell it. As I said, if I sold it in London I will get 200/300 more than if I sold it elsewhere.

To be honest, it's not going in sale any time soon, but in it's condition (and I wont be wearing it much), with its papers,box etc. I am confident I can make my money back, or even a profit on it. It was a lucky buy in all fairness!

If you're willing to do the leg work to sell directly to another collector in London, you should have no problems making your money back.