When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fiat

whoever

If you are in the US check the reseller value. From what I've heard it's not holding up at all. Sales are not impressive either. This is what Edmunds had to say:

"Fiat had high hopes for the 500, which was extensively re-engineered for the U.S. and went on sale here in March. The Italian automaker — now the corporate parent of Chrysler — had anticipated it would sell 50,000 Cinquecentos this year in the U.S. Instead, the little hatchback has sold only 17,444 units through November and will likely fall below 20,000 units, according to projections by Edmunds.com.

In December, the 500 received one more bit of bad news — a disappointing overall safety rating of three out of five stars from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.

Fiat has made several aggressive moves to bolster its brand image and presence in the American market, replacing its U.S. sales chief in November and hiring celebrity Jennifer Lopez to be its spokeswoman in a series of splashy TV ads."

hey guys,

thanks for your thoughts.

Redwatch, i'd love to, but the original one is really to slow....and to old for an everyday drive to work....so no, it's the new one. ;)

The Abarth version is way out of my league of money......but i test drove the 100 hp version, the one i'm about to buy, and it's quite vivid....

I believe in USA it's maybe not that sold, kind of very small for your kind of taste ;) , but here in EU its kind of everywhere,but still, quite expensive.

While the Abarth version is around 20000 euro! the smaller 100hp version is new 15000, so mine is inbetween...

they have quite an inside though

:drinks:

hey guys,

thanks for your thoughts.

Redwatch, i'd love to, but the original one is really to slow....and to old for an everyday drive to work....so no, it's the new one. ;)

The Abarth version is way out of my league of money......but i test drove the 100 hp version, the one i'm about to buy, and it's quite vivid....

I believe in USA it's maybe not that sold, kind of very small for your kind of taste ;) , but here in EU its kind of everywhere,but still, quite expensive.

While the Abarth version is around 20000 euro! the smaller 100hp version is new 15000, so mine is inbetween...

they have quite an inside though

"Kind of small for your kind of taste" ...OMG..that is just tooo funny. :lol2: Thanks for the laugh Whoever...that was really good. :drinks:

It's true..the 500 has only been available here for about nine months or so. I feel that It will become more popular In time. I here there going to offer a more powerful powerplant for 2013. That should make it a little more attractive to the American market.

But I really dont see any car this size being a big hit here...us Americans like cars a little bigger than the Fiat. ;) That being said...smaller cars are becoming more popular.

Take the new Ford Feista. There is also the new Mazda 2 that is doing quite well....one my favorites is the Mini Cooper...cool little car. But typically cars that are small as the 500 dont find a huge audience here. :)

Mike