When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Guide Using the Easy Link Extension

grejyedi

I discovered the Easylink extension by accident when trying to see how to microadjust the bracelet on my 39mm Explorer 1 Rep :g: , and it turns out that many owners of gens are not aware of how to use the feature as it is badly explained. It turns out me my Parnis sterile GMT IIC, although it does not have a proper Rolex bracelet has an Easylink

You need to open the Easylink to get to the cutouts for the springbars if you want to micro adjust your bracelet length.

The Easylink extension quickly allows you to increase the the length of the bracelet by 5mm (half a link) on warm days to allow for wrist expansion.

Most of the currant relaunched range of Rolexes ,with the exception of the Deepsea and Sub C, have the Easylink extension.

This includes:

39mm Explorer 1

42 mm Explorer II

GMT C

Milgauss

Datejust II

Yachtmaster II

Check the Rolex site to see if your model has one. The Sub_C and Deepsea have the Gildelock system.

This is my 39mm Explorer 1 rep.

Easy001web.jpg

The last link on the bracelet on the 12.00 side is the Easylink. It is closed, ie not extended and ie you cannot see the cutout for the microadjustment. (You will see these when it is open.)

Easy002web.jpg

The link is in fact link a hinge closed back on itself with a catch.

To open it you tug the link out a bit and back towards the centre of the bracelet (using both hands as I am taking a photo here)

Easy003web.jpg

Easy004web-1.jpg

The link is now open. A is the bar for the catch and B the U shape that forms the catch.

Easy005web.jpg

You have to pull the link back forward over itself, and press it down.

Easy006web.jpg

The Easylink is now fully open. You have half a link extra length in your bracelet

Notice the gaps (A) to get access to the springbars to microadjust the bracelet if you require it into the holes on the side of the claps.

Easy007web.jpg

To close the Easylink you have to pull thelink forward to the centre of the clasp and then fold the link back onto itself on the hinge so that the u shape is over the bar of the link

Easy008web.jpg

Push down with your thumb to lock the U shape onto the bar

Easy009web.jpg

Easy010web.jpg

Voila :)

• 2 years later...