When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

undecided between these 3

CPTony

hi guys

i really cannot make my mind up between 3 PAMs.

I'm not going into the gen vs rep comparison as each of them deserves its own topic and we have been discussing a lot during the last few months about their flaws, so ... based purely on the look, which one you would go for?

PAM000 : i have a gen 111 so I'd like to own something with a logo, however I was told the new PAM380 is coming out within the next few weeks (see below)

slideshowimage-01_pam000mitte.jpg

PAM360 v2: the pvd version of the above, but it's a Limited Edition so it screams "what a rep!" even to people with a just sufficient knowledge about watches

panerai-pam-360.jpg

PAM286: i love the radiomir case and that blue second hand, although i'm a bit bothered by the faux button at the left corner

Panerai-Luminor-1950-Rattrapante-Regatta-Pam286.jpg

PAM380: i know it's the 4th in the list but it's not out there yet, but i have heard rumors that it will be for sale after the CNY...but is it worth to wait for it?

PAM_380_11.jpg

so any comment is appreciated, give me your opinion and if you have one of them you want to get rid of then PM me! ;) ;) ;)

Edited by CPTony

PAM286: i love the radiomir case and that blue second hand, although i'm a bit bothered by the faux button at the left corner

Panerai-Luminor-1950-Rattrapante-Regatta-Pam286.jpg

Radiomir case????

what about the 288

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=37_45&products_id=6969

(there are other sellers you dont have to use this one)

IMG-20110326-01213.jpg

Pic nicked shamlessly from somere in google, dont know if t is rep or gen as these are supposed to be pretty good and i never studied the differences

That's very nice that you have Gen 111. And based on that what I'm going to say is purely personal preference and what I would choose.

PAM 000 - Since you own gen 111 getting 000 does not really make much sense since you are not getting something that "very" different.

PAM360 - I would disagree with your "what a rep" statement 100%. I live in a heavy Panerai owners area where I can sometime run into up to 3-4 people wearing one in one day in a worst case. Bunch of people wear them at my work, all gens. In past 7 years I never had "is it real"? question come up. Even after letting some people handle my 111 or Black Seal rep.

There is really 99.999999% chance someone would ever question 360.

Regatta 286 - That design is super nice, it's 1950 case, not radiomir. I had one which was the 1950 from back 2006 until my movement broke for a second time and my synthetic sapphire glass got so scratched I threw it into trash. So if you can get one with sapphire glass and hopefully better movement then what they were back in 2006 that this is a nice choice. This watch has a different case shape that just wears really well for some reason.

Black Seal 380 - I still have one that I bought when they first came out, old Eddie Lee rep from I think late 2005 or 2006. I only wear it few times a year.

The biggest issue is the metal they use for the crown threads, it will wear out and the watch is trash. Cheap asian, some worse material they could find. I believe they are still like that, so getting that 380 could be a risk. I think my Black Seal may probably have 50 winds left at best.

So if you wear that every day it will be gone in 2 years or so. I would be surprised if they use better materials for the threads. Someone here may know that much better then me.

My choice would be 360. Regatta is super sweet too but I'm not up to date as far as how that rep has improved since I had it.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1