When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega UPO 45mm - Movement?

Pumauk

Looking at getting on the Omega wagon- thinking about a 45mm planet ocean... Got a 7" wrist so unsure if a 45mm will be too big?

Is $280 for a Swiss eta movement a good price? Worth it over an Asian one?

Anything I should look out for as a first time buyer?

Thanks all!

You can probably wear both, the 42mm one is more refinded and understated and the 45mm one is more noticeable and loud. It's a matter of choice. The movement depends on how long you intend to keep the watch, for longterm I would advise a swiss ETA even though you should be fine with an asian ETA. Just don't get a 21J one and you'll be happy.

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=1072

http://www.yourtrustytime.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_114&products_id=1071

I would recommend these, they are available with leather or gummy strap as well should you want them.

Am I going mad or are the bezels on the replicas all wrong? The current planet ocean has square edges to the bezel, but the replicas have more curved points? And is the raised letting a new thing that replicas do not yet have?

I've got a 7" wrist and the 45 is just right for me, fischyyy's comments are spot on regarding size and movement, it comes down to personal choice.

Square edges on the 42 and curved on the 45. When you mention the raised numbers this is only on the new liquid metal version not the standard ones shown in the links.

The A21J is the lower cost low beat movement, these reps are usually not quite as close overall to the gen as the 2824 eta or asian.

Another point is the ones in the link are the original UPOs with 'happy feet' on the logo but the numbers are more accurate with the little 'ticks' on the ends. The latest UPOs don't have the happy feet but the numbers are not as accurate. Both are hard to see unless you look very close at the dial and know what you are looking for!

I suggest you have a read through (if you haven't) the various reviews on the rep sites as there is loads of very good info and advice.

Hope that helps

Oh I didn't notice I posted the ones with Happy Feet. :fool: I have the 42mm one which doesn't have happy feet, you can see my review somewhere in the Omega area.