When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Green Magic : Initial impressions

ninjagaiden

Guys

My Green Magic arrived today and It has had a couple of hours of wrist time. I'm not sure why but my initial reaction is of slight disappointment. Don't get me wrong, it certainly is an extremely credible looking rep, but there's a few things I find annoying.

1. The lume on my copy is pretty much nonexistent. The green colour is quite dark, compared to the 'lime' green of the gen, but it catches light really well.

2. It does not have a screw in crown, like most of my other reps. I don't know if there is an O ring on the stem but it still makes me a little nervous about water resistance.

3. The ceramic finish is lovely, but the watch does not feel as light on the wrist as I had hoped with the ceramic caseset and leather/gummy strap.

To counterbalance this

The caseset detailing is just stunning, from the knurled bezel to the sandwich construction to the engraving on the crown and textured pushers.

AR is good with a slight purplish hue, and this helps with the dark green detailing on the dials and hands.

Strap is really comfy

I wanted a 'stealth' look and there is now doubt it looks stealthy!

I have a big meeting in London tomorrow so no pics tonight, but will post some tomorrow.

N

OK Here are the pics.

The green on the dial and hands looks to be slightly metallic, so in daylight the dark green brightens up to a more lime green colour, like this :

post-39549-0-27027500-1325800021.jpg

Here are some more wrist shots

post-39549-0-93217800-1325800022.jpg

post-39549-0-24750200-1325800024.jpg

post-39549-0-44085900-1325800025.jpg

The green stitching on the strap and the clasp are very nice:

post-39549-0-64534200-1325800026.jpg

There's a little bit of stand off between the crown and the side of the case on my copy:

post-39549-0-94530500-1325800027.jpg

Clear caseback is nice

post-39549-0-25220500-1325800029.jpg

2. It does not have a screw in crown, like most of my other reps. I don't know if there is an O ring on the stem but it still makes me a little nervous about water resistance.

i have the HBB blue and despite of andrews site says "tested to 30 mts at factory", i was afraid of the non screw crown also, but i have tested in the swimming pool and no issues so far.

try to get the special screw driver for the bezel screws and check if they are tight enough, i found some loose