When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Duxot ->Doxa, Any connection?

offshore

Picked up a Duxot diver like this- ( but black dial)

post-13-0-36545800-1326103028.jpg

in a bunch of watches last week. (Doesn't owe me big bucks)

When I start to research it, I see some references to Doxa, (admittedly only from 1 Ebay seller), who appears to deal in them.

But no one else seems to know of a connection.

Don't have the actual watch yet, but i will photo movement and details and post here when received.

in the mean time i wonder if anyone else knows anything about this breed?

Offshore

Duxot was a second subsidiary line by Doxa, that died out in the late 60's - early 70's. Sort of what Unicorn was to Rolex. Was nothing special in its days, but used some quality generic movements, incabloc etc. De Luxe was their top tier line.

This particular piece illustrates Doxa's shift in strategy and focus to diving watches following the success of Rolex etc. A very interesting piece and in good condition, externally. Very interested to see the movement condition.

The only interesting thing I could find on Duxot is:

IWC Moderator subkrawler.gif?dateline=1226187120 Join Date Oct 2006 Location United States Posts 4,029

Re: Heard of DUXOT? Is it related to Doxa?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by
keltzar
viewpost-right.png

thanks.

I often seen it mentioned along with doxa, so I was wondering.From what I can tell, it's only one seller(from Israel) that ties DOXA to Duxot. I have no idea if DOXA had anythign to do with Duxot, but I did send the seller a message asking why he claims there is a relationship between the two. I'll let you know if he responds.

All the watches that I did see or find were on ebay. If the watch case is the same diameter and comes with the rice bead bracelet with the diver extension, maybe able to turn it into a rep Doxa.

OK, thanks guys.

Well, a $40.00 Doxa clone, who would believe?

Once received, I will photo the movement and watch.

Maybe there is a market for these alongside their illustrious brothers!

I had also read a similar comment @ WUS about the Israel seller of these Duxots.

O/S