When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM088 -- Best out of box edition out?

MapsMoney

Hey there ive been reading up on getting an 088, I see 2 versions.. a $400+ "ultimate best" version from TrustyTime & Angus, and a $300-ish version 088i from Perfectclones and others.... It appears the ultimate best edition was added earlier then the 088i which was added recently...

What is the difference ? I'm in the market for one and really wanna make the right pickup here.. thanks!

• 7 months later...

sorry for bringing this old thread up - saw a PAM088 on julien landas site ( http://www.landastraps.com/Handmade_straps.html ) and fell in love...

i also saw different versions, missed the opportunity to grab a modded one here 2 months ago.

are the 088 out of the box recommendable reps, or should mods like relume, crystal, CG be considered?

I am a rolex guy, but purchased a 111 and a 243 - I don't know why, but I wear my PAM111 more often then my rep and gen rollies...

really keen on the 088 GMT. may someone enlight me?

thx,j

H-Factory PAM88I, the one for around $330 is the best one you can get. Pay attention to QC, make sure you get one with a quality timegrapher readout - it should really be your only concern when getting this model as it's quite accurate. It does have some small nits, and one relatively big one as they haven't managed to nail the subdial color precisely (if that bothers you opt for a PAM237H instead) but it's a very good replication overall.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...