When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Explorer REF. 14270 Complete - Thanks to all that helped

seagoing3

Well my multi year long project has completed and was shipped to my Father today in time to arrive for his 70th birthday.

I wanted to take a moment to say thanks to those kind members who helped and guided me thru my first build. I wont list list them all here in case they prefer to remain under the radar. Thank you all.

So this started many years ago when I worked with a Gentleman who builds beautiful watches. I picked up a Gen case from a 16200 DJ and had planned on building a standard date just with the Gen dial that came with the case. I being more of the Rolex sport watch nut never really got energized to build the date just. So this fall I set out to finally build this watch but as an Explorer I. I found my way back to your forum and statred asking a few questions and next thing you know I had parts coming in from some kind members with extra parts and some from the usually sources.

Armed with all the parts and new knowledge I had acquired and some borrowed tools I pieced it together.

Here is the list of parts that make up this build:

Gen 16200 DJ case with cyclops removed

Gen Crown

ETA 2824 moment

Stilty spacer ring

rep dial

hands from Clark

Bracelet from Mary

and some replacement ETA stems from a member when i had screwed up the original one.

Here is the original thread

http://www.rwg.cc/to...case-need-help/

And the much needed pictures sorry for the Iphone quality pics

39c247e7.jpg

b02f87ac.jpg

a few more can be seen here http://s115.photobuc...oing3/Explorer/

Thanks

• Like 1