When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what yachtmaster to get ???, need some help Options

Thor

Page 1:

which yachtmaster is the better of the two?

and whats the dirrerance of the two?

this one

http://www.aspire-eshop.com/product_info.p...products_id=764

or this one

http://www.aspire-eshop.com/product_info.p...products_id=846

thanks for all the help guys

The more expensive one appears to have the silver-colored ETA movement and the less expensive one has the gold-tone movement. According to some experts here, the gold-tone movement is of lower quality than the silver. Personally, I’d pay the extra $20 for the better movement (that is, assuming that the movement you get is in fact like what is pictured – Paul is infamous for not supplying the exact movement pictured). As for the rest of the watch, they are likely going to be fairly decent reps.

Keep looking my friend. Not an expert on YM but there are some goods ones. I'm sure of it.

Actually, Paul's are good ones!

EL's are very good!

EL's are very good!

Yep...bought two from EL over a year ago and both get a lot of wrist time and both are still 100%.

If I was in the market for a YM...EL is the guy i would go to. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The best one so far with the most accurate details is the Watchhonpo model. It has a very good dial with the correct Red script(some look look too pale including Abay's) better crown and guard, better crystal height, correct polished locking clasp and overall better finish. I think Puretime has this one in his photo album.

:ablow:

I have the YM from silix-prime with the Nickel (silver) movement.. It was A LOT cheaper than aspire.. And its a gorgeous piece, the only problem I have is the date mag was far to strong, but this was an easy fix.. And the date wheel is not very sharp (but that is more luck of the draw) this is something else Intend to fix.

got mine from WM great piece sending it off next week for its mods after havig for a month to bed in the movement.

Super lume

service oiling timing ect

brackelet polishing

but these are just me tweaks watch is great as it is

RR

Aloha,

Who are you sending to for mods.

Thanks,

Ray

I bought 2 from EL, went with swiss movmt. Great watch, Great price.

Could you post a pic of your yachtmasters? I'm interested in El's but Id like to see some pictures.

There are a lot of questionable things that are recent about eAspire. I noticed recently that he was advertising some of his Rolex Reps as "Solid 18K Gold" in the headline. I e-mailed him and he said they were wrapped 18K. There are other dealers here that don't do that and who don't have some of the types of recent reviews he has. For what it's worth.

Go w/EL I have had one of his YM's for 8 months and it is a teriffic watch. Aspire will cause you alot of heart ache and pain.

Page 2:

Same here Id like to see some shots as well.

Yeah if your buying a YM I would not reccomend Aspire, the YM I got from them is badly flawed and they will not replace it.

i ordered my ym from EL now i cant wait to get it i kinda wish i had gotten it from puretime cause that one does have a better dial. but what ever :rolleyes:

You will not be dissapointed with EL!

I have the rolesium ym from EL and it is everything it should be! I have the brass eta 2836-2 mov't., and have had no problems with it.

My first rep was a TT YM w/blue dial from Paul. As for accuracy to the genuine, it was very good. The major flaws were the shape of the CG’s (though not as bad as subs) and the fact that the SEL’s are one piece with the gold ”midlink” being just gold plated on (genuine uses a three-piece SEL so the midlink is a piece of solid gold). Of course I would not expect this rep to have any “solid gold” on it, but it would have been nice to have the midlink at least look correct. I did have some tarnish problems with the gold, but after some cleaning and polishing, it was under control. Oh, and the crown was gold instead of SS, which looked nice, but was inaccurate.

Several months back, the 12 o’clock marker fell off and I screwed up the dial trying to repair it. I ordered an entire replacement watch from King and it is almost exactly the same as Paul’s except for a few things. The band is definitely identical. The crown is the correct SS one. I found out that King’s crown tube has only a double o-ring seal where Paul’s actually had a triple seal (like the genuine). Also, Paul’s bezel used an o-ring around the case to tighten the bezel and mute the “click” sounds. King’s did not come with this. The CG’s on Kings are a bit different, but then again, I did dress the CG’s on Paul’s, so maybe that’s it. Both watches came with the same gold-tone ETA 2824-2 movement. The second hand on King’s seems to be just noticeably choppier than on Paul’s, but then again it’s new and may smooth out some with use.

Both are great watches. I have not had the opportunity to compare them to a genuine, but from studying photos, they are both very accurate.